Manipulation ability - CSG

Hi, I have another idea for CSG that I would like to eventually seen implemented into studio.

Having the ability to manipulate face and node positions/rotations would be a massive breakthrough for roblox CSG. (image shown below)

It would be so easy to make something like this from a single part just by stretching/rotating a series of nodes. Modifying would also be very easy, and the ability to multiply nodes on a face could very much help with CSG.

As a train developer on the platform for over 9 years (I had a previous account from 2014-2018 before I switched to a new one), we have always had to make very curved bullet-trains using flat shapes and trying to painstakingly rotate and offset parts until it looks close enough. It often took days, sometimes weeks to get the shape looking close to the real train.

I beg you guys to please add this feature, its the one reason why everyone prefers blender for modeling over Roblox CSG. But I strongly believe there is potential to make it a very powerful tool.

Please try to get this high up in management, all the devs on Roblox would scream if they knew this feature was coming. I really need a reliably way to make trains like this.

Thanks,
Dan

16 Likes