Many functions do not work when opening a Bug Report in the Forum

Reproduction Steps

Create any bug report and try to use the buttons on the form

Expected Behavior

Functions should be the same when creating a common forum post

Actual Behavior

nsD1e4xjOV

1. Link button doesn’t work (nor does the keyboard shortcut for it)
  2. I cannot paste a previously copied image to the clipboard.

Workaround

I have to save the post and then edit it in normal mode to get all the functionality back.
Or, in the case of the image, I have to save it to disk first and then upload it manually with the upload button.

Issue Area: Roblox Website
Page URL: New Bug Report
Impact: Moderate
Frequency: Constantly

2 Likes

Almost 1 year and nothing has been done about it.
It’s a really annoying bug.
When will someone fix it?

When is the last time you tested this? I just tested on my end and the link button and upload button are both functional.

I can also copy-paste an image and it will auto-upload.

If you still experience the issues, please include required details to reproduce in your post, such as more browser/OS information and the like.

It looks like you posted it in Website Bugs before moving it here which is why I did not get notified (otherwise I would have responded). Apologies for that.

Sorry, I didn’t refine my statement.
Indeed, the link and upload button are working.

What still doesn’t work is copying and pasting an image from the clipboard
It works on a regular post, example #help-and-feedback:scripting-support, but not on the bug report.
I’m using Chrome, last version, Windows 10.

If you copy the image in your first post here (it’s a .png) and then paste into the form, does this work for you? My current hunch is perhaps it is dependent on the file extension of the image.

Additionally, do you use any browser extensions?

It works in a reply, but not while creating the bug report.

And just to confirm you are not using any browser extensions or custom stylesheets that might be affecting forum functionality?

Yes understood, during the creation of the bug report. I have yet to be able to reproduce your issue there, but I’ll keep trying different options. If you could private message me with a link/upload of a file that did not work for you when you copy-pasted it, that’d be much appreciated.

Thanks for the info over DMs.

It looks like it works when you copy-paste from actual image files that already exist elsewhere but not when using screen recorders such as ShareX or the standard Windows screencapping tools.

I’ll follow up internally on what we can do to fix this, thanks again!

3 Likes

In fact, any image copied and pasted inside the clipboard (ex: Photoshop select image and Ctrl+C), not necessarily on a screen recorder.
However, it is the most common situation that I (or any other user) use when opening a bug report, as I need to easily capture a screen to help with the description of the bug.

1 Like

@rogeriodec_games Can you give this another try the next time you use the form? (or just click into it now and try but don’t submit)

Should be resolved now. (tested with built-in screen cap for Windows as well as ShareX) Thanks again for the details so we could repro and fix!

1 Like

Now it’s working!
Thank you very much for your promptness and good will in resolving this bug, which has existed since the implementation of this new bug report model (a few years ago).

(I think that if everyone on the Roblox team had the same posture of paying attention to bug reports as you did, there would certainly be more satisfied developers - generating more income for the Roblox company itself).

1 Like

Thanks, we are planning improvements to our feedback intake processes to make it easier for internal engineers to see and act on bug reports and requests, and also list historical bug reports that haven’t been solved yet for a given part of the platform (e.g. “give me all open bug reports related to datastores”).

We now have a dedicated working group for these kind of improvements. I’m leading this initiative on the technical side and I’m very passionate about solving this problem so feel free to reach out in #forum-help:forum-features if you run into specific frictions with these processes. I read this category multiple times a week and try to respond if we already have formed thoughts around a particular problem.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.