Many issues with a fighting game im making

Im working on making a fighting game (like the title implies)

Instead of making like 10 posts for different problems i have, i’d just like to make one big post, i just want to get rid of these issues, they are blocking further development.

Issue 1: Cant find a good hitbox module
I’ve been looking forever for a good hitbox module, I tried Raycast Hitbox, but it was really inaccurate (for me) i probably wasn’t using it right, But the hitbox relies on an animation.
For example, Lets say you are doing a long swing animation, But in the middle of it, some animation interrupts, The hitbox won’t follow the other animation, since its just following the tool.
I tried a LOT of modules, i just can’t find a basic one, I don’t want some sort of new way of making hitboxes, i just want a very simple module thats understandable, one that the big games use or something.
Item Asylum places a part infront of your character for a hitbox, this is basically all i need.

It also seems to place multiple hitboxes infront of you to give a more accurate hitbox.

(you can see i want something like item asylum lol)

(Raycast Hitbox: Raycast Hitbox 4.01: For all your melee needs!)

Issue 2: Bad damage indicator system
I could not find ANY good damage indicator systems, a number that shows how much you damaged someone might be simple, right? Well no, For some reason all the tutorials just use a server script to show how much their character was damaged, so everyone has to see that. For me, i just made a script that goes through all the player characters and sets stuff up from there, Thats fine, But the Died event is very delayed, I thought this was because the client fires the event, but no, because its even delayed on an NPC.
Is there some sort of way i can detect it normally? Games such as Item Asylum do it probably from the tool itself (you can see it do “-0” damage when hitting an invincible player, health changed wouldn’t fire for this) So is there a way i can do it just like all the other games?
(Item asylum: [🌴] item asylum - Roblox)

Even though there are only 2 big issues, They are really ruining my game, I simply want basic damage indicators and hitboxes, nothing special.

I apologise if i sounded aggressive while writing this, i don’t intend to sound rude/mad.

Any help is appreciated, I would like to continue working on my game without worrying about this.

3 Likes

Bumping because its been 10 hours. well, i did upload this post at like really late.

Spatial queries for hitbox.

Run the damage numbers ui on the client.

1 Like

Alright, i will look into that.

Thats what ive been doing, A local script inside StarterPlayerScripts that cycles through every player character, The issue is that the Died event is really delayed, even for NPCs, but i know its not the event itself, because the ragdoll scripts for the npcs (server-sided) work on time.

What are you going through all the players for? How do your attacks detect their targets?
What are you using the Died event for?

1 Like

To get their characters.

Using a tagging system, whenever you hit someone, it tags them (Very similar to the roblox tagging system some old tools use)

For an effect, i want so when you kill a player, a sound plays. (it does more, but those dont really have much to do with this)

Bump because its been a day and i still cant find any good hitbox modules, or solutions to the damage indicators.

Muchacho hitbox is super easy and simple to use, i think it would work well for you.

1 Like

I completely forgot about this post, I already found a hitbox module, Which, funnily enough, is Muchacho hitbox (though im testing with a few others)
I’ll mark your reply as a solution (since it basically is lol)

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.