Map Feedback for open world survival

Hey, I’m the project manager of iKhol interactive, me and my team have spent the last 3 years so far creating a map for our open world survival game called Among The Dead. We have the map in our eyes completed and ready for some feedback.

14 Likes

Looking good man! Can’t wait to see the full game!

1 Like

Gotta love the terrains, how did you made them so smooth? Great work

1 Like

Looks good, only thing I would do is maybe variety in the tree shape/size and some bushes here and there.

1 Like

I love your work! My feedback/ critique would be on the volume of trees- I would suggest a focus on producing more buildings around the map, since the map seems tree-heavy.
(Also some tree variety would go along way to boost your map quality)

1 Like

We got an island off of google maps and traced the outside perimeter with square nodes, after that our terrain designer recreated what we needed by filling in the blanks with triangle terrain, once he was finished with that I upscaled the X values on the triangles and replaced them with smooth terrain allowing us to create the shape of the mountain we wanted.

Map looks great! Would be much better if you add Simple Wildlife and task you could do when out on open plains. To make the world more Dynamic.

I love it when people take something off of the internet and make it come to life!