Map folder's parts dissapearing when loading it to Workspace?

Hi, there’s some sort of issue where whenever I’m trying to load a specific map to the Workspace from the ServerStorage, all of the parts within disappears and the only thing left are the empty models and folders. Is there a reason why?

When loading the Crossroads map I have, everything spawns in there. But in the case of Doomspire, everything just disappears?

What’s going on?

The script below is what I use to load the map

local requestedmap = maps.Doomspires:Clone()
		requestedmap.Name = "Map"
		requestedmap.Parent = workspace

Why do u need to rename it? Im pretty sure if you clone something it keeps the same name, also make sure its anchored.

It’s renamed so I wouldn’t have to look for the unique names everytime. I just have to do workspace:FindFirstChild("Map") to get it immediatelly. The map is also all anchored.

Oh yeah, because the system wouldn’t get confused with which “Map” inside of the ServerStorage to choose.

Have you put a free model in that map that has a malicious script that deletes everything, or makes everything CanCollide and Anchored false?

Nope, its the original Doomspire Brickbattle map, I have checked for viruses and I have found none.

But where did you get the map? From the original game, or from the Toolbox?

Viruses can be well hidden too, so the blanket phrase ‘checked for viruses’ doesn’t really mean much. If you did it manually did you check all the folders and services to see if a script is hidden in them as well.

The original game, I just took the map from it and ported it into my game. If you need a screenshot, I’ll provide it.

Maybe you have to move everything using get children? I really dont understand why it would do that to be honest

1 Like

Im gonna make a totally random guess, but maybe this is happening because of Streaming enabled?

1 Like

No, just wanted to make sure you got the original and not some copied version of the game made by someone trying to cause issues like this.

1 Like

Could you show more of the maps tab for me? I just want to see how everything is placed so i might be able to see why its doing that

Could be perhaps that. I was originally gonna set the map to be far from the lobby so the player’s wouldn’t spot the lobby but It wouldn’t spawn. Speaking as of now, I moved the map above it and it spawned normally. (I wanted it to spawn like 3000-5000 studs away.)

1 Like

Wait the maps are in the workspace? Move them to server storage OR replicated

They’re already in there.

charsssssss

1 Like

Wait, I haven’t learned much of StreamingEnabled, maybe that could be my fix?

Set the CFrame of the map Model before parenting to Workspace, because if it’s in storage with a Model CFrame that has a Y value below your Workspace FallenPartsDestroyHeight, it will instantly OOF when you parent it to Workspace. You can also just set the PrimaryPartCFrame of the map in ServerStorage too for extra insurance against this.

How silly me, I just had to be within reach of the StreamingEnabled range…

sharex i am going to literally

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.