Map looks unappealing

My game looks bad, what do I do to make it look better?
The game I am making with my scripting partner is a simulator, and I cannot for the life of me make the game look appealing. Any suggestions to fix this?

3 Likes

Blender. PLEASE use blender. please

I am kind of a noob at blender, and when I do use it the triangle count is too high.

Add more detail, objects and for the love of god use more wedges

Blender is really easy to learn, you can make some amazing maps ! For that I would highly recommend following this youtuber’s tutorials on building:

5 Likes

It needs walls/ a boarder around the baseplate, lighter colors or plastic materials to fit in with the neon circles scatter about the baseplate and, a few meshes.

1 Like

Wow! His channel seems great by just looking at the cover, thanks for showing me that, I will use his videos a lot now.

4 Likes

Yeah, about the plastics and lighter colours, I did try the lighter colours earlier, but then it looked like a children’s colouring book made wrong. And I have no idea what would fit in plastic.

2 Likes

Lighting! Lighting makes your games look way better!
Example:

(not made by me)

2 Likes

If you need any more tutorials, a couple great youtubers are:
Grant Abbitt, and Blender Guru.

1 Like

Thanks for the lighting example, this tip will be a great help!

2 Likes

I’ll be sure to check them out, thank you!

3 Likes

I have improved the map A LOT in my opinion, its too cramped for a simulator map, but I like how much better its gotten, thank you for the advice!
Here it is, no scripting yet, its still in development.
(11) Untitled Game - Roblox

3 Likes

Add more details and objects, put more shapes into the terrain and buildings, i don’t use blender, just use what you really prefer. I just use blender for trees, mostly nature.

2 Likes