Map Preview system (Deep Rush)

Hello, i made a map preview system for my game (Deep Rush) so i wanna know what ya’ll think about it.

Video:

7 Likes

You could make the camera movement a bit smoother so it doesn’t stop so sudden. And maybe make it continue with normal speed immediately. What players also might like is a menu where you can view every stage without the camera going through it automatically, which is good if the player wants to inspect one stage specifically. Not bad, overall.

2 Likes

It’s a bit slow, don’t you think? The camera moves to each individual stage and stops suddenly when it reaches the end of a stage and goes to the next. I suggest you do something like the track previews in Mario Kart.

The camera doesn’t go through all of the track. It shows a chunk of it with a linear camera movement, and immediately shows the next chunk, then the next chink, then it jumps to showing the start. It’s short and sweet, and reveals enough of the track so players know what they’re gonna be doing. If you follow this, the map previews will be so much better.

1 Like

The map preview seems pretty long. I suggest making it shorter. I also recommend you make it smoother, each time the camera stops tweening at each part(or whatever you used to make the camera stop) its a slow buildup of speed, which makes it somewhat slow.

1 Like