March 2020 Recap: Keep your head up

Of course you have…!!!

2 Likes

Rock music, also meme music and funny songs.

2 Likes

Last night I revisited Queens of the Stone Age’s Songs for the Deaf. Such a fun album. I love how it’s set up like a road trip, changing between shallow rock station to shallow rock station. Complete with skits of pretentious rock DJs every now and then!

2 Likes

:thinking:

5 Likes

March has been a best month for Roblox and Roblox developer, now let’s see what’s actually going to happen in this April! :grinning:

thank you bubby
nothin too crazy but good changes nonetheless

2 Likes

In reply to the music question:

I don’t listen to music that much but I like 70s-90s rock like ACDC, Guns n Roses, Bon Jovi a few others. I also like Celtic, primarily “epic Celtic” if you look it up on YouTube you will find lots of good stuff, It’s uplifting, makes you feel battle ready, and there are some relaxing stuff too. The Celtic artists also do other types of music. I also just play random playlists on Spotify, most of the Celtic artists are on Spotify too

There were some great changes to Roblox, looking forward to what is brought in the future (I’m really looking forward and hoping the PBR comes, I won’t say soon because it could be a while)

Stay safe everyone, it may be depressing to stay couped up at home but we can get through this if we do what’s best for our health. Don’t take the risks. Seen videos from those in hospital with it… does not look fun at all.

Keep Developing, online is were we can find social connections etc. :relaxed:

1 Like

GOTTA PUMP THOSE NUMBERS UP
What kinda music do you like?

I listen to pretty much everything. Rap, electronic, grunge, punk, pop, rock, whatever my mood is really. Lately I’ve been listening to a lot of Crystal Castles and Mac Miller.

This is amazing. Younite is certified drain gang.

“yeah his music sucks but you get used to it”

2 Likes

I still use Outlines in some of my games so that the Head part type has its old behaviour instead of weirdly stretching the mesh, and for the more differentiated colours. Any way these behaviours could be replicated without outlines would be appreciated.

What? This sounds like a spacebar heating use case. :stuck_out_tongue:

You can make and upload a new mesh that does exactly what you need and use that instead of Head.

For more differentiated colors, you can put a server-sided script in the game that automatically shifts hues of all parts ever so slightly from the base color in Studio at run-time, if you really need that.

5 Likes

Has changing the server limit to strictly 30 players part of one of the above threads and i’m missing it? I absolutely hate this… my game is made for 10…

I don’t understand the question - are you saying that your game was changed to force 30 player servers rather than 10? You can’t change it back?

7 Likes

You should be able to change it back, have you tried:

1. Going to your game page.
  2. Clicking the three dots button in the top right, then selecting ‘Configure Place’ (see below)
    Screenshot (492)
  3. Once on the Configure Place page, going to ‘Access’, then changing the Maximum Player Count to where you’d like it. (see below)
1 Like

I didn’t realize it was moved to that area again, thanks.
below is the problem i thought i had in Players in worksplace on studio. Last i knew you had to go to studio to change these settings…

1 Like

MaxPlayers in Studio has never been a writable property as far as I’m aware.

You’ve always had to change the player count from the site and this has been in place for years. If you were changing it from Studio or could, you’ve been doing it wrong for that long as well. A server’s max players is influenced by the website configuration, not what Studio has it as.

I listen to Frank Sinatra or Dean Martin or Bing Crosby.

3 Likes

Any idea on when we’re getting the new lighting stuff in Q3? (lol i realize that april’s came out, whoops!

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.