Mario and Luigi RPG Boss Rush Game

Id like to create a game that allows you and a friend to fight bosses using a combat system like the Mario and Luigi RPG games. One person will control “Mario” and the other will control “Luigi”

To start I’d just like to do the basic 2 player system, but eventually having 4 player boss fights similar to Partners in Time would be nice.

When it’s the enemies then the player will have the ability to either jump or use their hammer.

To start there will be a basic “boss” that has 3 attacks.

A basic swipe attack that targets one player. The player can jump over it and if times right they can counterattack with their jump

A rush attack that targets one player. The player will have to use their hammer to knock it back

A flame attack that targets both players, the players can jump over it.

—----------------

It’s a turn based system, both players will get to choose between these options. “Jump” “Hammer” “Item” and “Bro Attack”

Jump

A basic action, you’ll press the input right before you land on the enemy to do a second jump, then if you time it right again you’ll do more damage. Jumping on spiked enemies will damage you.

Hammer

Similar to the jump but you’ll have to time your button right to get a good strike, you can’t hit flying enemies but you can hit spiked enemies

Item

The player will receive coins from bosses, they can use them to purchase items. To start I’d just like to have a simple Mushroom, 1-Up, and Syrup. The inventory system doesn’t have to be added until later

Bro Attack

Both players will get to choose up to 8 bro attacks for their moveset, they’ll use BP when fighting and require teamwork.

This video is of the actual game and could help provide some details on what I’m looking for https://youtu.be/zl9z64N9Oks?si=4njFqKoV5AaFCaZb

You can contact me here or on discord: mrmario.

Payment

Payment can be either Roblox or cash, we can discuss the pricing if you’re up for the job ^^

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 0 minutes. New replies are no longer allowed.