Mario Kart System

How would I make a kart system similar to mario kart? quite confused on where I should start

so yeah, I just want to know on where to start, and basically what to do

I’m not asking for an entire script.

2 Likes

Honestly my approach would be raycast suspension however, it’s reliant on fps so if the fps becomes unstable so will your vehicles outside of that irdk but the Roblox jeep could be a start

This was my attempt

2 Likes

what about for the drifting? that’s my biggest issue atm

1 Like

I think decreasing the friction coefficient would be good enough.

Drifting is just applying a force that’s somewhat perpendicular to the forward direction of the car

Angular Velocity can be used for realistic drifting I assume.

I’m not the best at making cars in Roblox but can’t you just apply angular velocity and regular velocity based on the key being currently pressed?

do you mean that you used raycast suspension to try and improve the lagtime/difference the clients see?

problem even AAA games can’t solve:
client 1: my cart (cart1) is in front of cart2
client 2: my cart (cart2) is in front of cart1

yes, but I was thinking for the drift to be enabled with a keybind (which is SHIFT) and drifts in the key the player pressed while drifting, A is left and B is right.

No, for something like that I’ve considered lerping runberbanded CFs to keep stuff consistent

1 Like

Hey! good job and thanks. I’m kinda lost about how can i implement it into my game, i would like to test and make some improvements if i can.
Thanks!