Marketplace - A Place to Buy And Sell

Interface Marketplace
Selling made simple

In this post, I will be covering and explaining my latest project, the Marketplace.
My aim for the Marketplace is to reinvent services on Roblox. The original goal was to create something like Selly or Fiverr but specifically orientated towards Roblox. However, I have decided to dedicate the Marketplace towards services, individual sellers and groups.

What is the Marketplace, you may be wondering?
Well, the Marketplace is a website that provides lots of different tools for selling on the Platform. From a powerful API to a hub builder, to AI-powered analytics, it has everything you need to start a successful business on Roblox. I will cover all of the main features below.

The Hub Builder
The goal of the hub builder is to create a system like Wix (or other similar website building tools), except for Roblox games. A “hub” is a game where all of the products you are selling will be located. It is where your customers will purchase from you.

A “hub” can be created in minutes with this tool, and it can look completely unique to your service. It will directly integrate with our API, and will instantly give you analytics about player visits, visit length, product views, predicted visits, predicted product views, and lots more.

Don’t want to use our hub builder? Already have a place where people purchase from you? That’s fine! You can interact with our API the same way a hub built with the builder would!

Products
This is the main part of the site, nothing would work without them. Using our powerful and intuitive web control panel, you can create “products”. Products are the heart of everything, and there are lots of different types. The main products are models and scripts. Models are what they sound like. They are .rbxm or .rbxl files that you upload to our site, and then when a customer purchases it, they will be able to download the file.

Scripts, on the other hand, are probably my favourite part. They are a replacement for closed-source modules. Reserved for pro users only, you are finally, once again, able to sell a service that involves scripts without having to open-source or come up with some super hacky way to protect the source. Another reason this is so big is that it integrates with a powerful authentication API that connects directly to the product. It’s very easy to make it so that only certain games that have purchased your product can use the script.

Using lots of methods to protect your source (like verifying requests are really coming from Roblox, etc), you can trust that that your products will be safe.

Analytics
One of the biggest features of the Marketplace is analytics. From insights into errors, views clicks, uses and more, this is what you will use to see how your product is being used. Some analytics are powered by AI, like predicting the number of uses your product has or how many purchases, for example.

Soon, the Marketplace will be entering into a closed beta. The plan is to let 150 users join, first come first serve. Yesterday, we released signups on the site, and then in the next few weeks, a button to enter into the beta will appear. It will be first come first served.

This post will be frequently updated as things happen, things said here are subject to change

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 1 minute. New replies are no longer allowed.