Marketplace & Avatar Editor do not load while using a VPN

Your arguments make 0 sense.

It’s common sense - not everyone using a VPN is trying to access Roblox illegally!

Literally the same thing. It’s not just 1 or 2 users being affected by this issue, it’s actually thousands, just some aren’t aware it’s Roblox’s systems being incompetent/are just not in the position to file a bug report on it.

Shouldn’t need to.

1 Like

However many users also use VPN services to mask their own IP address and bypass other rate-limits / restrictions placed on their own IP address; while not everyone is a ‘malicious actor’ Roblox also cannot easily tell the difference between a malicious actor abusing a VPN and a normal user who just wishes to keep their internet browsing more private.

I think this sort of boils down to this being a feature-request rather than a bug report as this has been confirmed to be intended behaviour. I don’t think anyone is arguing over the fact that in an ideal world normal users who are casually using VPNs wouldn’t be affected by harsher rate-limits, the person you replied to was most likely just providing a workaround until said feature-request is made and addressed (if even possible).

Other websites with much less funding than Roblox can. Why can’t Roblox?

Yes, a feature request sounds suitable. I was arguing that this behaviour isn’t ideal. Whether it’s intended or not is not really worth conversing about; all that matters is whether or not engineers are willing to take action to remediate the issue.

1 Like

That’s why I made a post explaining the unpredictable behaviour of the website.

You’re giving me ways I can prevent this issue but the entire reason I made this post was to point out the issues. We can always close our eyes on every little detail but the reason I made the post was to make it clear that some users are experiencing unexpected behaviour.

2 Likes

I’ve ran my reasoning with other people and they agree with me, please tell me where my reasoning does not make sense to you and maybe I could help you.

I think you’re oblivious to my reasoning of, “I’m just a normal user with a VPN!”, Roblox does not know that, when you’re on a residential IP address you are more trustworthy as your internet won’t be used by tons of other people (unless you have malware on your machine)
But if you’re routing your traffic via a VPN or proxy, it’s used by tons and tons of other people with different motives, maybe they’re a normal user? Maybe they’re a web scraper? Maybe they’re a malicious user? How is Roblox meant to know that?

It effects everyone, not just thousands of users, it’s rate-limiting you for a reason.

Again, this is intended behavior, doesn’t need a bug report - If it’s intended behavior then you’re going to be ignored by Roblox engineers.

Use the LuaApp.

Can you link those websites please? If you’re talking about static websites then it’s instantly void, I’m guessing you do not know the amount of data and dynamic information that is contained on Roblox’s infrastructure.

What’s stopping you from disabling your VPN?

It’s most likely designed to be unpredictable, some API endpoints have different rate-limits which they do not list on the Swagger API documentation.