Mass re-rank in groups

As a Roblox developer, it is currently too hard to mass re-rank in groups.
If you have members building in a certain rank but decide to move a lot of them/all of them to a different rank, you have to do it once at a time and that takes forever.

For example, I created a new rank in my group that can’t post to filter out those spam bots, as they only post once (the first thing they join) and after that they go inactive. But it also catches all actual new members in my group. But I can’t easily bring all those real people up into a rank that CAN post.

7 Likes

Use a bot to mass re-rank your members. You’ll find bots are very useful in groups for more than just this application.

2 Likes

Where would I find something like that? And besides, I really think this should be a vanilla feature. It’s such a basic thing that is much needed

1 Like

Roblox probably doesn’t want mass ranking abilities or similar as people could easily abuse this. E.g. a HR/someone with promoting/demotion perms in a group could go rogue and cause havoc in your group. Although people who want to ruin a group like this could just bot their account to do this automatically but how many people know how to do that? So really, asking this for a vanilla feature could be easily abused.

Also I don’t know how to make a bot, Zac.

Wouldn’t people with a bot in a HR also be able to abuse this in the same way? Maybe it could be a separate permission that you can assign to your HR’s if you want, or just keep the ability to yourself.

In terms of this being a basic feature that should be added (seeing as it would help with ranking in larger groups), I could possibly find myself fond with the addition of mass-ranking.

I do agree with @Billy_Dodo, however, that this feature can be abused by other members of the group who would find it very easy to mass demote/promote members (which I believe is ultimately the deciding factor as to why this most likely will not be implemented).

On the contrary, you seemed to have redeemed the issue by:

I’d find it much safer (and at the discretion of the owner) for the option to [either] be restricted to the group owner or permissible for the group owner to hand the option down to other ranks through the permissions tab.

While this could be a good addition (and a good idea), I, personally, do not think it will be added, but who knows? Good idea, nonetheless!

P.S.: there are bots.

1 Like

I have a bot that does this, will use it for a price. PM me

Uhh…

You mean this free one that you can find on github?

6 Likes

There are multiple open source botting systems out there where people use that are not that difficult to use. I’d recommend roblox-js by sentanos because he provides a good tutorial on it’s usage.

I have my own that I made, not that one, but nvm since that’s there lol

way back before fancy dandy bots I did it a very ineffective way

just renamed the rank/role level, and recreate the previous rank