1. What issue are you having? Describe what is happening when the bug occurs. Describe what you would normally expect to occur.
When using a custom character with a body mover like BodyAngularVelocity, parts within the character that are marked as massless through the property window still have effects on the body movers. What this means is that a big “massless” part will act like it has its full mass to the eyes of the body mover. Normally a massless object would have no effect on a body mover and would be purely decorative.
2. Does the bug happen 100% of the time?
3. If so, are there steps that reproduce the bug?
MoverProblem.rbxl (14.5 KB)
- Move either of the characters into the StarterPlayer like you would any custom character.
- Play solo.
- Observe how the one with the small “massless” attachment spins but the larger one does not.
- The custom character is a HumanoidRootPart and a head, welded together using a WeldConstraint with a BodyAngularVelocity inside of the root part. The only difference between the two is the size of the “Head” part. The heads in both models are set to massless.
4. Where does the bug happen? Which OS and version are you using?
I’ve observed it on my Windows 10 PC. My roblox studio version is 0.369.1.273919 (I hope thats the version you are looking for).
5. When did the bug start happening?
This has been happening since I first attempted to use massless objects in combination with a body mover