Matching player camera with vehicle as it turns

Hey all,

I’ve built and rigged an RV for a project I’m working on that players will spend a fair amount of their time in. I want to maintain an effect of matching these players’ camera orientation to the orientation of the RV as it turns and pitches up and down.

VOLUME WARNING:

The default ROBLOX VehicleSeat possess the behavior I want; it keeps the driver's camera moving in accordance with the RV perfectly:

And here's the behavior for other seats or freestanding players, super discombobulating:

I did multiple searches already but I couldn’t find anything as it’s such a specific issue, though I do know multiple games have this behavior—The Wild West’s train for example, and likely the trains in other games.

If someone has a resource to offer whether it be a simple boolean to check for a behavior ROBLOX has already included (I love those moments) or something open-sourced I’d be over the moon, and if not I’d appreciate being thrown in the right direction so I can try a crack on this kind of camera manipulation for myself even if it’s certainly not my strongpoint.

Thanks!

You can make a camera part inside the vehicle and set the current camera to that, would work fine. Else you can set the camera’s orientation to the vehicles, if it’s accurate.

1 Like

Hey, thanks for the reply.

In my case I think these would both be too restrictive. The particular quirk I have is that I really want players to be able to move around freely in the RV, with the full extent of their camera and all, and be unbothered as if they were just walking around on a normal, unmoving plane.

The only interference I want to impose is that little manipulation to align the camera relative to the maneuvers of the RV, which would immensely improve the experience for the player as they’re onboard.

Did one last dig and managed to find this thread which was a lifesaver.

Had to adapt it a bit to fit my needs of course though it works flawlessly.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.