Material Designing

I’m making these ground materials using Roblox materials and I wanted to see what you guys thought of them, it’s not much but I think these are good, I have 1 picture so far below. There’s probably going to be more materials in the future, then I will most likely going to publish the materials for free or let people test it a little closer in a game. This is what it looks like.

Can you guys tell me what you think about the materials and if I should change anything?

1 Like

all of them look pretty good, but the one on the bottom right is a bit hard to figure out what it is supposed to be.

Oh yeah, I forgot to update the picture, let me edit that.

1 Like

Alright, it’s updated. Anyways, I have to go to the movies, bye.

the magma/lava seems like it was left out in the air for long, a ripe lava would be a bit redder/yellowish and brighter. but idk if that was the point

I think the days of doing this are over. Even Roblox has a material generator now and it’s really good.
But then again any type of creating is good for your skills and these look nice.

Bad take. Handmade stuff has a whole lot more merit than AI stuff. Not only does it signal that the creator is willing to actually put in work, but it oftentimes just plain old looks better.

2 Likes

I have tried it. On organic things, it’s passable I suppose, but try it with anything else and it’ll look nauseating.

Besides, the greater artistic control provided by just doing it yourself just leads to things looking better. 99% of stuff the material generator makes tiles awfully and sticks out like a sore thumb.

I should be staying on topic now, so this argument’s over

I’m going to say this now to clarify that this is NOT AI generated, I made these by myself.

1 Like