Material Generator Is Now Available for Everyone

It’s AI. No one likes roblox AI stuff plus that garbage can hardly make an decent looking wood texture

2 Likes

It’s useful to make textures/materials.
I like this specific AI feature (although is dislike roblox assistant)

1 Like

Just use that one pack of textures everyone uses.

The realistic ones.

My game needs a specific material that no texture pack has something close to.

1 Like

I agree, AI can sometimes help but it can sometimes be stupid in some situations.

2 Likes

Poly haven. AmbientCG. Textures.com if youre not broke like me.

I like just being able to easily make things without having to spend time mapping the material

does that for me too

its Textures.Com

2 Likes

I am on my phone, can’t control it.

Bruh I recommend you trying out GPT 4o, it barely hallucinates and even somehow manages complex things

why is everyone fighting about AI lol
the amount of low quality and brainless replies here are insane

most AI models for images will generate a similar quality image so i’m not sure why all the hate has been directed here. i’ve been an avid user of this while it was in beta and I have gotten numerous quality textures. for the most part, it only took me 2-3 tries to get the result that I wanted. now lets calm down everyone

roblox materials should suit your needs well enough.
and lets be honest, insulting people doesn’t make your argument any more valid.

people don’t hate on ai because it’s a trend, people hate on ai because of the very real threat of replacing workers like artists. the last thing we need to do is feed the ai even more info so it can actually replicate a human. because as soon as that happens, you can wave goodbye to so many jobs that exist right now.

2 Likes

Why can’t we just have node shaders… Procedural materials are so much cooler, anyways.

3 Likes

You hit the nail in the coffin, This guys asking the REAL questions here.
I’m not gonna spend my time on doing prompt estimation for over 15 minutes, I’d much rather put in time to setup quality materials that remain consistent to my game. It’s not Impossible

3 Likes

When will Roblox learn that AI is not the answer to getting more investors…

2 Likes

I’m not here to defend anything, and I couldn’t care less about your opinion or anyone else’s. I simply stated my opinion, and if you got insulted, that’s your issue.

I don’t care about what others think. If you want to hate on AI then go ahead, break a leg.

what are the usage rights ? copyright ?
how was training material gathered ?

i, and i’m sure a lot of people, will probably not use this until this is answered, its a huge moral gray area mess.

1 Like

again, if you have to insult people to state your opinion on an issue such as this, you’re heavily misguided and need to step away from the screen for a bit.

i love how i asked for this information before and they did not bother answering in the slightest.

2 Likes

Yeah… ChatGPT is by far more helpful… some other Ai’s as well… like Claude… but ChatGPT sure is #1 for Roblox atm.

As for Roblox Assistant… it has improved slightly.
It used to annoy the crap outta me… but it’s getting better (slowly) … as more people use it.
At the moment, it’s ok for small simple tasks… like writing something simple & placing it in the part… and “speeds up time somewhat”.
I look forward to it once it catches up to ChatGPT.

EDIT: And just watching the RDC24 (on now)… they announced that they will provide an API to other Larger Ai Models (maybe ChatGPT? - to be confirmed).

2 Likes

I don’t get what you’re trying to get at with this post, i’ve used it alot around when it came out and i tried and tried to get semi-realistic textures met to the same result of really funny/weird and cartoony looking textures, Which i had explained inside of my post.

These really cartoony textures could fit into a game with a weird/cartoony style but in any other type of game it wouldnt.

:o)

1 Like

roblox, this isnt good, stop adding ai to your game if you dont wanna replace programmers, artists, and even builders

3 Likes