MazeModule: Create Mazes and Find Your Way!

Get lost in mazes with MazeModule!

Hey folks,

Guess what? It’s my first time publishing a module. I am excited to share MazeModule with you all!

What’s MazeModule?

It’s a basic tool for creating and navigating mazes in your projects. Because who doesn’t love a good maze, right?

Why MazeModule?

Here’s the explanation:

1. Generate: Need a maze? Just use MazeModule.Generate(xSize, ySize). Easy peasy maze creation, coming right up!
  2. Build: Turn those maze blueprints (aka MazeTable) into a real-deal labyrinth with MazeModule.BuildMaze(MazeTable).
  3. PathFind: Lost in the maze? No worries! MazeModule.PathFind(MazeTable, {startX, startY}, {endX, endY}) will get you back on track!
  4. DrawPath: Wanna see how to find you way? No worries! MazeModule.DrawPath(PathTable) will visualize the pathfinding!

Here is a basic script about using the module:

local MazeModule = require(script.Parent.MazeModule)

while true do
	local gameTable = MazeModule.Generate(50, 50)
	MazeModule.BuildMaze(gameTable)
	local path = MazeModule.PathFind(gameTable, {1, 1},  {50, 50})
	MazeModule.DrawPath(path)
	task.wait(10)
end

Ready to Get Lost?

So, who’s up for a maze adventure? MazeModule is here to make your coding journey. Let’s dive in and get lost in mazes!

Click here for example images!

Install the module here!

MazeModule.rbxm (7.2 KB)

Install the 3D module here!

3MazeGenerator.rbxl (50.4 KB)

Rate this

0 voters

12 Likes

Pretty Good Script They Should Try This :smiley:

1 Like

Can you please add a difficulty input? This would help us create more line-like mazes with thicker walls, and more odd mazes with triangular walls.

Can you add it where, there can be big rooms?

Just make the “Cell” model bigger, you can find it parented to the module :hugs:

I cant wait to get lost in a maze

Edit: You can now generate 3D Mazes! :scream:

This looks like a fun module to play with! I can’t wait to see puzzle games to implement this module to their game. Good job :clap:

1 Like

Thanks a lot for your feedback :heart:

1 Like