MeepCity is looking for a builder

MeepCity is a small team that is looking for a talented builder to join us. We’re looking for someone who can be creative and understand the goals we are working to achieve.

Our mission is to make a game that gives you no goal so you can socialize and be yourself. Players can walk around and do what they want. Fishing, customizing, shopping, adopt pets, make friends, eat ice cream, go to school, drink coffee, have a party, etc.

We are looking for a builder who can create small objects, such as furniture (sinks, toilets, couches, chairs, etc). Please PM me on these forums with some example work. Payment will be discussed privately!

2 Likes

A+ for AAA grade fish physics in the fishing minigame

2 Likes

I’m personally not interested because I’m occupied with my own projects at the moment, but there are a few questions which I would have had and which others might also want to know:

1. How much flexibility is the builder given?
    • Is the builder allowed to decide for himself what kind of furniture or structures to make or do you give orders?
    • Is the builder expected to work a certain minimum number of hours on the game each week?
  2. How connected would the builder be to the project?
    • Does the builder get access to the game’s files?
    • Is the builder allowed to influence the game’s design (possibly by working on other aspects) or would the builder be treated as ‘just a builder’?

You’re stating some clear delivery expectations which is good, but I believe social expectations are equally as important for people who are looking to join a project which is why I’m asking these questions. :wink:

1 Like

Correct me if I’m wrong, but is this inspired heavily by toontown?

Edit: Although it seems to be much more well made than toontown!

1 Like

Way more heavily by Club Penguin. Just look at the pets, I think they’re called Meeps? Anyway, the eyes are practically a trace of the penguins

Plus, the pizza parlour is about the same. Piano in the corner, the mini-game works the same and rewards coins/points just as the one in club penguin awards points. I haven’t looked around further as it doesn’t really interest me, but I’m sure there are many more

I guess both games then. The fishing is basically the exact same as in toontown, same with the tunnels to get to new areas.

The pets in Club Penguin are called Puffles. Can’t say Meeps are a very original concept when they’re basically bald Puffles (among other reasons).

Can we please keep this thread on topic. We are just looking for a builder, not a discussion on MeepCity’s design. Thanks :slight_smile:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.