Melee Combat Map Style

Hey builders, I’m not a builder by any means but I’m trying my best to build a map for my melee Combat style game and I need some feedback on how it is.I hope you can provide some tips on how to improve it too!

This is the image of my current map layout:

The blue building represents the shop,the green parts represents the quest whilst the yellow are paths and red are path blockers.

3 Likes

The map size is 250x250.But I plan on making it bigger

Any idea on how to improve this map guys? I need suggestions.

First of all, what kind of style are you here for? Old classical map like Crossroads or something?

Cause if not, all the buildings look like toy blocks.
Everything looks weird and doesn’t match up.

(I do not mean this is a bad way, it is just honest feedback.)
(Sorry if you take this in a offensive way.)

I’m looking for old fashioned type buildings with simple layout that has some open air and players can fight there

Thanks for the feedback but is the layout alright? In remaking the layout a bit rn

Made the map 500x500 because it was too small before.i am trying to make a map layout similar to criminality

That map layout is um… - good enough

Map design is too linear, beginning builders struggle to add depth and variety to their builds. Small alley ways are fine but you have to make sure that the map design does not impede or affect gameplay too heavily. When I was starting out I used reference material HEAVILY to design my layouts.

My suggestions would to

1. Remove repetitiveness of lines of buildings by adding fences, trees, street lights, hills, etc

2. Don’t give your self a strict size limit, leave room for background buildings to add to the immersion of the set

3. Think about the layout logically, ask yourself, “Would this be something that would make sense if I was walking through it?”

1 Like

Thanks a lot. I’ll get to work immediately

Ok so I just rebuilded the map but with almost the same layout.This is what is looks like now:

2 Likes

Any way I can improve it guys?