MemoryStoreService API calls to SortedMap.GetRange and Queue.Read intermittently being throttled

Recently, I’ve been getting “MemoryStoreService: RequestThrottled” errors that have been adversely effecting my in game server browser and any other MemoryStore related functions. The back end handling the MemoryStore API calls has not been tampered with at all recently and the issue seems to have had appeared out of nowhere. Considering my rather light use of API calls (especially with only one user in game) this is extremely uncharacteristic as I am nowhere near reaching the API quota. All of my SortedMaps and Queues use an expiration time is 60s and are empty.

Sudden spike in errors & warnings, no similar errors in the past 7 days or beyond.

API Requests nowhere near close to the quota.

This topic created 1 hour ago seems to describe the same issue where upon joining, requests are immediately throttled despite having as little as a 2 second expiration. https://devforum.roblox.com/t/memorystoreservice-error/2842851

Considering the relatively high quota given to users I find it extremely unlikely that it is a coincidence that me and the author of the other topic accidentally ran such unoptimized code to reach the quota.

Expected behavior

As nothing about my code has changed, I would expect it to continue to operate as expected.

4 Likes

Yes its not super scientific, but, given that we can see that the sorted map “ServerIndex_3” has no contents it should therefore should only consume 1 request unit (though as many as 101 request units if it were populated). If I am entering the command as shown ~3 times per second there is no conceivable way I am exceeding 100,000 request units per minute. You can see that the result is errors seemingly at random.

The command being ran:

print(game.HttpService:JSONEncode(game:GetService(“MemoryStoreService”):GetSortedMap(“ServerIndex_3”):GetRangeAsync(Enum.SortDirection.Ascending,100)))

1 Like

I am also experiencing this bug

2 Likes

Honestly I think people who use MemoryStoreService should wrap their code in pcall so its safer.

Seems like the issue has been fixed!

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.