Mention Discord in a game is Allowed?

In my game maybe i will make a chat system with limited words, and i want to put a message where it says;

“A missing word that you need? Send a message in discord! Link: —”

My question is that if im allowed to write a discord server in my game, if not then what platform do you recommend me to use and that be allowed.

4 Likes

You could just attach the discord server link by going to game settings and from there going onto Social Links, you will see an option to add a discord invite but make sure that the text doesn’t mention the word discord in it otherwise it won’t go through (the name not the URL)

Edit: I misread the topic but this is also a method.

1 Like

I want to mention it in-game, <13 people cant see them, and some of that kids have twitter, discord or any platform.

Even then the URL would not be allowed. Anything that can indicate Discord inside of the game is strictly prohibited. That includes usage of the Discord logo and any Discord links. The closest I’ve seen was just suing the words “communication server” and the code.

And in response to @Conejin_Alt’s reply, I quote from the Discord Terms of Service:

By using or accessing the Discord application (the “App”) or the website located at https://discordapp.com (the “Site”), which are collectively referred to as the “Service,” you agree (i) that you are 13 years of age or older, (ii) if you are the age of majority in your jurisdiction or over, that you have read, understood, and accept to be bound by the Terms, and (iii) if you are between 13 and the age of majority in your jurisdiction, that your legal guardian has reviewed and agrees to these Terms.

That means that anyone who is on Discord and under the age of 13 is not allowed to be on Discord. This also applies to Roblox as well, because if you try to circumvent their restrictions that are put in place, your game will get moderated in due time, no matter how popular your game gets.

1 Like

My other question is what other platform do you recommend me to do this?

You can make a MySQL Database that get the message and the player(from roblox), and make a bot on discord that get this message from MySQL and write on Discord Chat, this is not illegal

1 Like

Twitter is your best bet if you want to put your Discord link somewhere that Roblox cannot moderate. Twitter links are also allowed in game and group decriptions.

@TenerPVPs
Please re-read the original post. The OP is asking about whether he post a Discord link inside the game, not writing a Discord message from the game (which, by the way, can also be accomplished with the usage of webhooks and no need for MySQL DBs).

1 Like

It could be hard, since players may use it as a “feedback” system which im working at. And maybe i will get very spammed on, and the other think is i dont know how to manage bots and this type of scripts and urls.

Sorry iam Brazilian, so you can make a website to player visit that have the Discord link

so you can make a website to player visit that have the Discord link, than you send that website link to ROBLOX chat

I can’t understand what do you mean with that, can you explain it? take the time :slight_smile:

You cant send Discord link on game (illegal), but you can create a simply website, inside you can write ("here is the Discord link: ") (isnt illegal put discord link on websites), so instead send on Roblox chat A missing word that you need? Send a message in discord! Link: —”, you can send A missing word that you need? Check my website to contact me Link: —”, when player enter he Will see the Discord link and join

Creating websites is a totally pain, i already tried but the scaling of the images and UIs are very buggy, and the other thing is that those pages where you create a website, they use a domain where you cant edit it.

Man, you can create a fast website on Wix, very simply

From what I’ve seen, it’s simply a no.

On wix is Drag and Drop, is 100% simply, any noob can do that

The basic rule is that if it can’t pass Roblox chat filter, you cannot put it in your games. That applies to any website that ends with .net or .com, so creating websites and posting it would not be a viable option as your game will get moderated.

@TenerPVPs Wix uses a domain where i cant edit it, for example: https://wix.ConejinAltFanPage.com

and i want to keep it as https://ConejinAltPage.com

@NicholasY4815 So adding a link to a page in a game is illegal?

Yes, any links that do not pass the chat filter are not allowed. With that being said, I suggest you just use a Twitter link and attach it to your game/group description.

1 Like

And there’s any way to make a system where players can write their words for the chat?