Menu button on Android devices should open the ROBLOX game menu

The menu button in-game can still open the ROBLOX menu, but the built-in menu button on all androids should open the menu as well. We android users are accustomed to using that menu button whenever we want to open up the menu, and I have found myself pressing the hardware menu button instead of the ROBLOX menu button a couple of times. That hardware menu button is only nice when it’s universal, and ROBLOX isn’t using it. It’d be really nice if the menu button did what you would expect it to do.

No. The menu button has been depreciated since 2012 (Android 4.1+).

I disown Android phones.

btw, I think you got your year wrong. The menu button was still on the S4, but only on the S5 was it removed because Google is dumb.

[quote] I disown Android phones.

btw, I think you got your year wrong. The menu button was still on the S4, but only on the S5 was it removed because Google is dumb. [/quote]

You’re right. I do have the wrong year. It was 2010 (2011 for phones). It was depreciated in Android 3.0 (4.0 for phones)

Sammie was being dumb.

Why in the hell would Google remove the physical menu button? That decision sits atop the pinnacle of stupidity. Looking at the apps on my phone, I use the menu button for:

Home Page - Settings, Search
Firefox - Request Desktop Site, Settings, Refresh, Back/Forward, Favorite
VBA - Settings, Screenshot, Link, Load/Save
Alarm - Delete All
S Memo - Search, View By List, Lock/Unlock
Messaging - Sorting, Search

There is no other way to access those features without the menu button (aside from the ones on the home screen, albeit the methods are not as easy as the way through the menu button)

Yeah I’ll be sticking with my S3, and possibly an S4 later on – screw off Google.

[quote] Why in the hell would Google remove the physical menu button? That decision sits atop the pinnacle of stupidity. Looking at the apps on my phone, I use the menu button for:

Home Page - Settings, Search
Firefox - Request Desktop Site, Settings, Refresh, Back/Forward, Favorite
VBA - Settings, Screenshot, Link, Load/Save
Alarm - Delete All
S Memo - Search, View By List, Lock/Unlock
Messaging - Sorting, Search

There is no other way to access those features without the menu button (aside from the ones on the home screen, albeit the methods are not as easy as the way through the menu button)

Yeah I’ll be sticking with my S3, and possibly an S4 later on – screw off Google. [/quote]

Look up Acton Menu. A 3 dot menu should be generated with all those options as long a the app adds it. They didn’t remove anything. Saying it’s depreciated doesn’t remove functionality.

What of fullscreen apps? It’s kind of impossible to have a universal menu UI button for fullscreen applications, and they just nuked the universal menu. There isn’t one solid location for you to go to for the menu – a developer can (and could previously) place a menu button wherever they prefer, but without that hardware menu button, that universal menu button is gone forever.