Mes has missing faces when imported to ROBLOX Studio, from Blender

Hello everyone!
I made a model using a simple plane + displacement modifier in blender and wanted to import it into ROBLOX studio. But when I did, the mesh was missing some faces:

(Mesh in ROBLOX studio)

(Mesh in Blender, with Face Orientation turned on)

The mesh is split into 4 parts, each with 1024 faces. There are no tris or n-gons: it’s just quads.
I can’t figure out how to do fix this, please help!!

EDIT: I’ll put this in Bug Reports if I don’t find a solution

1 Like

Hello, @lamonLikeTinyGamer!

Try doing the following:

• Select the meshes in Blender and go into Edit mode

• Press this arrow in the top right corner in to expand Viewport Overlays

• Press this button under Normals

• Then, in Edit mode, press Control-Shift-N while all vertices are selected and expand the Recalculate Normals popup in the bottom left corner; uncheck Inside

Now import the mesh again to studio. Also try setting the mesh’s DoubleSided property to true.
Is the mesh supposed to represent landscape? If so, why not create it with the built-in terrain tools in studio?

1 Like
  1. Try triangulating the mesh.
  2. Solidify Modifier
1 Like

select the entire model with face mode on while in modeling mode and press ctrl + t to triangulate all faces

1 Like

Check images first, he clearly has shown footage that his model has the faces on the Outside. [blue]

Inside faces made the mesh only visible on the inside. [red]

1 Like

Using the modificationing methods of the mesh modeling, you can triangulate the areas that are missing in the mesh itself located in blender.

You can notice that most of the model’s missing faces are triangular and that the model in Blender is somewhat round. Studio does not support faces that are entirely round and when importing to it, they just go poof.

Triangulating the mesh will most likely get rid of those issues.

If you don’t like the mass amount of faces, there’s an option called Decimate in the Modifiers.
It generally helps reduce the number of triangular faces that can be merged together to make the mesh far more optimized and work far better. [and less laggy in short term]

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.