Mesh has weird lines after putting baked texture on it

I followed this tutorial,

After following it, and importing my mesh and baked texture, it has these weird lines on it. How do I fix it?

Note: The mesh is a curved road. I connected it to a path, and applied the array modifier and the curve modifier.

Can we see your texture with the UV overlayed? It looks like you didn’t provide a large enough margin when baking, causing adjacent colour to bleed over when the texture compresses, but I can only be sure if I see the texture and UV :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Is there a way to fix this? :frowning:

Will have to redo the UV map and re-export it.

1 Like

Thank you! I may have to re-do it, but Aotrou mentioned something about not providing a large anough margin when baking. Is there a way to prevent this from happening? How do I make the margin larger?

I’m a bit new to this :sob:

Assuming you are using Smart UV Project, the little tab that pops up before you confirm the unwrap should have an option for “Island Margin”, which you can adjust to space out the faces on the UV.

I’m confused :sweat_smile:

Would you show me step by step how to do it? (Screenshots)

I’m kinda dum dum :sob:

Research how to mark your seams for proper UV unwrapping. There are dozens of guides on how to do this effectively across the internet.

Don’t use Smart UV Project - it’s rarely a better solution than marking your seams properly.

2 Likes

Step One

Enter edit mode, select all the faces, click UV, then “Smart UV Project”

Step Two

A small tab will appear with a dropdown arrow, click the arrow and you should get this menu.

Adjust the island margin to what you’d like and then it’s done.

P.S. As Aotrou said, this isn’t really the best way to do it, but in this case that seems to be the solution you’re going with already.

1 Like