Mesh I made in blender doesn't look the same in roblox studio

I made a mesh that is supposed to look like shiny metal, but in Roblox Studio it looks like plastic, how do I fix it?

In Blender

In Roblox Studio

I don’t think there is a way but you could add a texture that makes it shiny or use the reflectioncy on it. If anyone finds/know a way on how to get the textures from blender into Roblox please tell me.

Blender materials do not carry over to Studio, you’ll either need to UV map the model, bake a texture, set up said texture, normal map, metalness/roughness maps (using the in-beta SurfanceAppearance object),

or, the quick option, in studio, play around with either the roblox metal material, or use the reflectance property.

How do I UV map the model?
vhghf

There are plenty of UV wrapping and texture baking tutorials available on Youtube. Its worth learning but perhaps not so much as necessary if you’re just aiming to make it shiny. Can probably just set the reflectance on the MeshPart to 0.5 or wherever you feel gives you the best result.

You can do shade smooth in Blender to give it a softer look

You can easily just make it a metal material then change the skybox to something new (It’ll look ugly with the default skybox) and then mess with the “EnvironmentalDiffuseScale” and “EnvironmentalSpecularScale” located in lighting to get your preferred look.

1 Like

Try changing the scale, that might be the problem.

Edit: If you want it to shine, use lighting properties and reflectance, maybe a new material and another lighting technology.