Mesh Importing Issues

Screen Shot 2020-11-11 at 12.50.11 Screen Shot 2020-11-11 at 12.50.16
The blender mesh. . . . . . . . . . What studio gave me

Multiple issues; for one, it imported the head when I only selected the hat (I don’t know how to export one thing), two, the color doesn’t come up, I used material coloring and it didn’t come out with color either.

1. yes when you export from blender you have to check this for it t obe single object:
  2. You have to bake the material coloring as a single image texture and sometimes it doesn’t load automatically in studio so you have to add it in studio to the model, for example, you can click texture ID in the properties and click add image:

Also, if you would like not to see the edges of the cylinder, i would right click and shade smooth, then go into object data properties (the green triangle), and check normals auto smooth

You need to bake the materials on to an image texture or separate the two colored pieces and color them individually in studio.

The 1st reply gave a pretty good explanation. I will add onto it.

1. If you do not know where selection only is, you can delete the head and export it. (When you export, it exports every part/obj inside blender)

2. Just like the first reply said, you can uv texture the hat. If you do not know how to do that, Export the hat and the detail on the hat (which u want a different color) separately. After that, color each mesh.

3. The only thing I could think of is why when you color it in studios the color won’t show is because you made a uv wrap on it.