Mesh invisible after imported to Studio

Hello everyone, i’m having issues with my meshes and need some help. Once they’re imported to studio some parts are invisible and i couldn’t find any fix for that.

• How it should look like:

• How it looks like:

• A few things I’ve tried so far:

Flip Normals, Recalculate Outside, Recalculate Inside, Set Origin to Geometry and Turn on DoubleSided.

I used Roblox Studio Bulk Import btw

2 Likes

Try manually redoing all the problematic normals. Even though it may be tedious, I find that the solution every time it occurs to me.

1 Like

This seems to be a popular question this week. You can try four different things to see which works for you. The first one I would try is making sure the normals are facing the right way…

EDIT: Oh I see you tried a bunch of things. So the remaining one I don’t think you tried yet is setting the Blend Mode to Opaque instead of Alpha Blend. (The second link above)

1 Like

That’s for textures, not normals.

Ah, okay. Thanks. I couldn’t actually look at the gyazo till now because it wasn’t working on the computer I was on earlier… my bad.

Can you show the normals in Blender? It might just be that the automatic options don’t work right.

Here is the improved way to show normals in Blender 2.8:

“Use Face Orientation To Locate Incorrect Normals And How To Fix Them - Blender 2.8 Tutorial”

EDIT: The OP already tried the automatic options. Maybe manually flipping each incorrect face might work…?

3 Likes

Hopefully this works for the OP, just wanted to say thanks as well because I am currently learning to model in Blender and this was the solution to fix one of my meshes!

1 Like

That can be a problem not in a roblox studio, try to fix the transparent in blender.

Your normals are just flipped incorrectly or you just used a plane to make them, which in that case there are a couple ways of fixing
You could either:

• Flip the normals by selecting what you want to be flipped and then pressing (Alt + N) while in edit mode.
  • Use the extrusion method by pressing E on what you want to make thicker. (This is highly inefficient for what you need to do though.)
  • Use the solidify modifier on the objects to make them thicker on a more even scale.
  • ROBLOX now has a method for this too. In the properties bar when selecting the leaves, you can toggle “Double Sided”.

Another tip is if you turn on Face Orientation via the viewport overlays, you can visually see what is flipped incorrectly. Red means it will be invisible when in any game engine, blue means the opposite.
Hope it helps for anyone else that may need the info.

1 Like