Mesh is invisible/broken at some parts

I’ll go straight to the point,
sometimes if I import a mesh to RStudio it’s broken at some points, but it looks normal in blender.

Example in Studio

Example in Blender

I’m not sure why this problem is occurring, the normals are flipped correctly in Blender and the mesh is .OBJ

As you can see all the normals are blue

Is it because it’s something relatively small? Should I try with different File Formats?
Thanks in advance.

1 Like

Meshes in Studio | Roblox Creator Documentation this has some troble shooting for meshs on here

1 Like

The problem here is that you’re sealing your mesh with faces have more than 4 vertices, also known as n-gons. While they render fine in Blender, when exported into a game engine like Roblox the engine will try to triangulate all of the faces on the mesh. This is where it runs into issues like your first example, because it gets confused on how to turn those n-gons into a bunch of triangles!

You should be redoing the entire topology of those n-gons by hand and properly linking those faces together, but that is a time-consuming task and might even require you to learn a new skill. For the time being, you could try selecting your n-gons and hitting “Triangulate Faces” under one of the tabs in Edit Mode and seeing if that will fix your problem!

1 Like

Wow, Thank you!
I have tried it on those little “teeth”, separating them and applying the triangulate modifier.

The invisible parts are gone! (Just on the little teeth things)
The thing is that I don’t want to triangulate everything because I’m planning on using real textures instead of painting on it or just using Roblox’s texture. And I’m still terrible at UV Texturing so it becomes very hard when there are too many faces, this means I’ll have to triangulate just that part manually :sleepy:
BUT IT WORKS!!!
Thank you so much.

2 Likes