Mesh only loading 1 Material

Hello everyone so I just tried importing this mesh, it contains 3 Materials, but only applied 1 to the character how do I fix this?

Result:

1 Like

Roblox does not support multiple textures, however, baking all of the materials into one image is possible, if you use blender, search up a tutorial. Its pretty easy.

2 Likes

Thank you, For your Help. I’ll Try find something.

I’ve Got a problem I can’t find a way to bake the materials that are on the same mesh together.

This is in Blender.

For each material add a imagetexture, create a new texture on one of the image textures, name it like “diffuse” then go into the other 2 materials and select the image you just made, make sure you have them all selected. Then bake.

How do I select Seperate Materials?

I’ve had a similar problem with this before, what I did was put all the material textures in one image and resize the UV Maps to each texture within the one image. If you want me to elaborate more I can.

1 Like

I just Don’t know how to do so.

If you were to have four texture you can combine them all into one image for roblox, here is an example:

Here are some texture I made up.

Next you combine them into one image

After you do this you can go into the UV editor in Blender and select the UV maps for each material and scale it down to fit each image.

If you are unsure how UV maps work then I recommend looking on youtube for tutorials

2 Likes

Thank you, I just came up with a way to do this so thanks

Great question, here’s a simple method on how to get around this issue!

Roblox at the moment doesn’t support multiple textures unfortunately so your best bet would have to be to merge all of your textures into one PNG.

The best way to do this would be to save your texture(s) to your desktop and then export them into an image editing software such as Photoshop, Paint.net, Gimp, etc.

After you’ve done this merge your textures side by side even if there’s some transparent access around it.

Once this step is complete save your texture and head back over to Blender and import that texture onto all your meshes.

Your mesh may look a bit funky at this point but that’s okay! Head back over to your UV editor and arrange your UV’s to be back to their original placements.

Repeat this process with all of your meshes until your UV’s are arranged back to their original positions.

Now you’re done! Insert it into Roblox Studio and your mesh will have all of it’s correct texture pieces.

5 Likes

Or follow this video

2 Likes

Thank you that Is Pretty Much What I did.

1 Like