Mesh parts not aligned properly when imported into roblox studio

The problem

So, I have an issue where I want to import multiple mesh parts into roblox studio but they are not aligned properly

VVVVVVV This is what is supposed to look like

What I have tried

1. I have tried setting the origin to 3D cursor
  2. Also I did press the button to move to the location data (The “No” button also doesnt work)
    Screenshot_22

Addidional information:
(I did not press the resize button because there is no need to.)
(The whole thing is around 600 faces but I dont know how to import the mesh with colors on it and this is why its on separate parts [yes, i have tried exporting it as .fbx it still doesnt have colors on it])
(The only solution I came up with is to align them manualy in studio after they are imported)

What are your thoughts?

2 Likes

If you’re in need of support for meshes/3D modeling, please move this in #help-and-feedback:art-design-support

Hi…Hope this helps. I know there are other people that do it differently but this is how I import multiple objects in one file from Blender to Roblox. It always works for me. I use Blender 2.82a I think.

First if you need the correct scale you can use a Roblox figure as reference and model around it. Then export as FBX and I only select the parts I want to export and tick the Selected Objects tick box during export. If you had the scale correct in relation to a Roblox character if you select scale as 0.01 it will be the correct scale in Roblox.

In Roblox I use the Avatar importer under your plugins tab and use the Custom option to then import my model. It keeps all the pieces together like in Blender but the only drawback is that it creates a few extra parts like Humanoid, Folder for Animation and a Humanoid Root Part but these can quickly be removed.

When it comes to “colors”. From your screenshot it does not look like you have custom textures applied via a UV map, but I could be wrong. The shader colors you select in Blender will not import to Roblox. What does import just fine is if you UV unwrapped your model in Blender and applied a custom texture you created. Make sure you export that texture image to the same place you export your FBX file and Roblox picks it up automatically and it will be imported and mapped perfectly on your model as you had it in Blender. Just remember your image can not be too big. I am not sure size restrictions in Roblox though but I usually use images about 512512 and they import without issues. Think 10241024 should also be fine but larger than that Im not sure.

As I said this is the only process that I use that never fails me. Hope it will help you out.

Ps…Remember to apply your modifiers before export since it might create face normal issues if you don’t but rarely does. If you are picky you can also convert your quads into tris before exporting because sometimes this might affect crease angles…but again usually this will not be an issue.
BTW What is it you are importing? It looks cool!
Best of luck.

5 Likes

I first modeled the whole thing and colored it in roblox studio and then imported it in blender to fix topology and delete useless faces that players cant see, the colors are from there

You can see the whole thing here, I manually aligned the mesh parts but I am looking for easier way do to the whole process for future projects

1 Like

Ah ok…Blender imports these colors as part of the obj file export from Roblox and sets it as a base color in Blender. I have never been able to export base colors from Blender to Roblox unfortunately. I usually have to select my colors in Roblox. I am not sure if this is even possible though but maybe it is. I think Blender is just a little more intuitive with importing than Roblox. If you follow my method it will definitely help you from not having to align parts in Roblox but you will have to select the colors again.

Been having this issue for a while, what I do is either

1. Get a color palette image, and then UV unwrap every part of my mesh and put those UV maps on the color I want on the palette (This doesn’t work if you have textures)
  2. I quite literally just move that mesh part around and export it several times till it works, and it works.
    Hope this helps.