Mesh texture overlay materials

Hello! I recently tryed to make a VFX “fireball”, it turned really well in blender but in roblox studio I couldn’t put it neon because the texture was like overlaying it

if anyone know how to fix this easily let me know! :slight_smile:

Just remove the texture and make it neon. Or point lights may help?

You can also duplicate the mesh and make one neon and the other with the texture. Tell me if you need more help!

if there’s no texture then there’s no color to the thing…

did you try the other thing he said?
also can I see a pic of it in blender
also there is nothing to fix, nothing is wrong

lightpoint arent the same as neon and for the blender picture here it is:image

1 Like

oooooo nice
maybe you could like have a sphere the same size as that sphere and make that neon yellow-orange

Could I have a picture of the properties tab? Also, is this a single mesh or multiple meshes?

only one mesh properties:

Turn it to a special mesh, (make sure the special mesh has no texture) than add a decal to the parent of the special mesh . When you did that make the image Id of the decal to the texture id of your mesh . Finally, set the decals color to something like 400,400,400 . The higher the color of the decal, the more the mesh glows .

since you need to choose on wich face on the part is going to be the decal it only glow in one face + it doesn’t look like the same thing in blender

Turn the TextureID to 0 then colour it in roblox, it will be all one colour as its one mesh though

Alright, so click on texture Id, delete it all and press enter. It should work now. Since your texture is extremely simple it is the same as the roblox textures.

that would make it only have one color and blender result is: image

You can use vertex paint to do this instead of textures. In case you don’t know how to use them, there are a bunch of tutorials on Youtube that explain them and how to work with them. (I would’ve showed you the steps but I use another 3D software for modeling)

A simple way to do this is to insert 2 parts in studio and give both of them the neon material, then pick the colors that fit each layer.

Take the exact color values of each part in studio and add them to the polygons in blender using vertex paint. Once you’re done, export the model again and make sure you’re exporting the vertex paint material too, then import it to studio and give the mesh a neon material again. You should get what you’re looking for.

Again, I don’t work in blender so there probably are better explanations on how to do it using this method of course, but I hope this helps!

i guess im gonna try to do that a day but kinda look complicated but anyway thanks