Mesh texture properties

The current mesh tools in roblox studio are very very bad. I wish the texture properties had as many options as a decal/imagebutton etc. We literally can not change the transparency of the texture! We can’t even change the color of it like we can with decals. This has to be fixed sometime soon, it is very annoying-missing features.

12 Likes

I believe there was a discussion (can’t find the thread it may have been in) about rendering a transparent texture on top of the original MeshPart but it’s not possible until Roblox makes a decision on how to approach MeshPart alpha rendering support. I’d also like to have a mesh texture Color3, that has already been reuqested.

If you wish to see MeshParts have as many options as a Decal or GUI element it would help to go into detail about other features you want, there’s not much for engineers to go on with “the current mesh tools in roblox studio are very very bad” and “this (?) has to be fixed sometime soon, it is very annoying-missing features.” A Color3 property is the only feature other similar Instances share that I can think of.

4 Likes

Is all I want. Almost every dev that uses blender that I’ve asked is very annoyed by this. They’ve tried multiple ways but all of them end in the same result- it is not possible.

2 Likes

I see, and I agree that it’s rather hindering that we don’t have these features. As for mesh texture transparency, would it be possible for you to have a base MeshPart without a texture and another MeshPart attached to it with a texture, but transparent? I guess the only problem is that either way - whether we use a hacky method or get a feature for it - we still need alpha rendering support.

2 Likes

Use a SpecialMesh and apply the texture as Decal instead.

A tutorial on this:

2 Likes

If you’re still in need of the actual collisions for a mesh part, this is still effective, however you will just have to have two parts, a fully transparent one and one that has the mesh object inside it + no collisions.

1 Like

I noticed this when applying a custom wood texture to my fence.

I believe this should at least be considered.

You have my support

1 Like