Mesh to Terrain | Is that possible?

Hello, I recently maked a Mountain Mesh and I want to know if it’s possible to Morph mesh into terrain ?

Thanks for helping me
Sincerely
Official_DevFrancais

3 Likes

Hey, mesh to terrain isn’t possible at the moment (correct me if I’m wrong) but there is a plugin for part to terrain.

I’d suggest using terrain tools and making a mountain rather than using mesh/part to terrain. I believe users have more control over what they’re doing when they’re solely using terrain tools.

Making a mountain via terrain tools isn’t that hard, it requires minimal effort and just a bit of customization.

You can just make a small, flat area with terrain tools. Then, use the grow tool on the terrain to slowly make hills, and keep making your brush size smaller as you make your way up until you have a peak.

I hope this helps.

1 Like

Kind of, but it’s not a great solution. If you export it as a .obj file, you’ll note that if you open it up in some text editor that it gives you the list of vertices in the format:

v 1.1 1.1 1.1 1.1 -- i.e. (x, y, z, [w])

If you paste the .obj in its text format into a module script and parse the vertices, you can calculate the CFrame size of the two wedges for each tri. Afterwards, you can iterate through those and perform the Terrain:FillWedge(cf, size, material) function on each wedge of every tri

1 Like

Did you find a way of converting a mesh to terrain?

Thanks!

Hey, so as far as I know, there isnt a direct way of doing this, BUT you could place your meshes use terrain editor, and use the brush plugin. The brush plugin really helps when it comes to making realistic terrain, if that is what you’re aiming for.

Here’s a link for the brush plugin:
https://www.roblox.com/library/2268520847/Brushtool-2-1

You can’t place terrain with the brushtool plugin.

True, but it can still help him. I also came up with another solution, IF he knows how to use blender, he could create terrain in blender and upload it as a mesh in roblox. Although this isnt the best solution to the problem.

I think he already has a mesh of a terrain from Blender, but wants to convert it to studio terrain material.

One thing I can think of is to texture the mesh to make it look like Studio terrain, other then that there’s no way.