Meshes Scaling Improperly

For some reason in our game my modeler has been complaining recently about every mesh he imports it has weird scaling behavior:

This just started happening about a week ago and we don’t know how to fix it, if anyone knows what this is or how to fix it, would be very much appreciated!

3 Likes

Try holding down CTRL or Shift while scaling, it changes the way the object is scaled.

Holding Shift just mirrors the axis, but still does not fix the problem, holding CTRL does nothing

File a bug report then. This doesn’t seem like intended behavior.

Did you migrate over to this unknowingly?

Continuing the discussion from Meshes Scaling Improperly:

Already tried changing the property of this in workspace to all 3 different options and had the same result

1 Like

How big is that mesh? If it’s large then I’ve heard different people complain that large Parts are doing weird things while resizing them. Maybe this is connected to those posts.

https://devforum.roblox.com/t/finding-a-weird-mesh-%E2%80%9Cbug%E2%80%9D-in-roblox-studio/1909697/5

1 Like

Pretty small, about 2 studs tall

I had this same problem just now, I managed to fix it by changing the blender FBX export settings to “Apply Transform”. I’m not sure if this works with other file types but this worked for me. Hope I can help. (Although you’ve probably already solved this yourself lol.)

2 Likes

Alright so. This will 100% solve it for anyone who is having this issue. It solved mine.

In your 3D import (roblox) Make sure “Use Imported pivot” is turned off. It then defaults to roblox’s pivot and it allows you to scale it properly, Strange but at least it’s a fix till roblox sort it out.

Alternatively, you can use Building tools by F3X, that also allows you to scale it correctly.

2 Likes

As I mentioned in another post too if you didn’t do this you can also just reset the pivot points, that seems to fix it as well

I know this was pretty long ago, but thank you so freakin much bro I couldn’t figure it out for the life of me thank you dude :pray: