MeshPart not a valid member (it is?)

Hi once again, yesterday I made a post regarding deleting a Decal with a local script, which in the end got figured out and it worked perfectly. Until, It brought another error saying this:

19:16:53.476  InsidePortal is not a valid member of Model "Workspace.Island2.TeleportingStuff2.PortalArea2To3"  -  Client - DecalDeleter2:4
  19:16:53.477  Stack Begin  -  Studio
  19:16:53.477  Script 'Players.tkuski08.PlayerGui.LockdecalDeleters.DecalDeleter2', Line 4  -  Studio - DecalDeleter2:4

I put this error to the side for a bit as I thought there was another reason for this and began working on a ProximityPrompt to open a Gui (easy enough once again), but, once i tested this I got the same error (different place in workspace, but same exact things basically) , saying that this “InsidePortal” part isn’t a member, when I’m pretttyyy sure it is.

Does anyone know why this error is happening when “InsidePortal” is a valid part in the model? I was thinking it may be as it is a MeshPart (from Blender), but that wouldn’t make much sense.

Can you show us the script? maybe you could try adding a :WaitForChild()

1 Like

This is the one I was just working on, I believe it might be from a tutorial I used a long time ago, but idk. It has that as well.

local Proximity = game.Workspace.Island1.TeleportingStuff.PortalArea1To2.InsidePortal.Decal.Proximity1.ProximityPrompt
local ProximityPromptService = game:GetService("ProximityPromptService")

Proximity.Triggered:connect(function()
	local Island1TeleporterBuy = script.Parent.Parent.TeleporterPurchases.Frame:WaitForChild("Teleporter1Buy")

Island1TeleporterBuy.Visible = true

script.Parent.Parent.TeleporterPurchases.Frame.Visible = true

end)

Maybe try adding the Wait:

local Proximity = game.Workspace.Island1.TeleportingStuff.PortalArea1To2:WaitForChild("InsidePortal").Decal.Proximity1.ProximityPrompt
1 Like

Ohhhh Isee, I looked in the wrong area! Thanks.

1 Like

Now when testing it says theres an Infinite Yield on it all of a sudden, is that okay?
(different script but still part of the issue)

No… that means InsidePortal doesn’t exist, can you show the explorer of Island2 and Island1 while testing, did it say infinite yield on InsidePortal?

I see, it seems to not exist in Island 1 but in Island 2 it does. It gives the error for it in Island 3 though, where it exists as well but has nothing inside

Edit: Oh and sorry this is the error

21:03:00.480  Infinite yield possible on 'Workspace.Island3.TeleportingStuff3.PortalArea3To4:WaitForChild("InsidePortal")'  -  Studio
  21:03:00.480  Stack Begin  -  Studio
  21:03:00.480  Script 'Players.tkuski08.PlayerGui.LockdecalDeleters.DecalDeleter3', Line 4  -  Studio - DecalDeleter3:4
  21:03:00.481  Stack End  -  Studio

Can you send a screenshot of the explorer of the islands together while testing? Also, you said that they don’t exist? Maybe they’re being destroyed by other scripts or it fell out of the map

Sure, one second. About the deleting part, theres something that is being deleted which is the decal inside of the “InsidePortal”, but not that part itself…

I should mention that theres a number value also, when set to 1 (the minimum number everyone begins with) everything works fine as nothing is really being run, but when its at or above a certain number like 2(for island 1) 3 (for island 2) and 4 (for island 3), thats when things start happening. So when testing, this script works and deleted what it was supposed to, just gives the error. Sorry its confusing lmao.

This is Island1

Island2

Island3

Hm. Now when i rejoined the test they are all there except for the 3rd one… but the same error still occurs…

Can you check your messages

aaaaaaaaaaa- characters