MeshPart Rigging - A plugin made for rigging Mesh accessory without using blender

I have created a new plugin which let you rig a MeshPart and make it animateable (bendable, moveable) using the new Editable Mesh feature

Tutorial:

Upcoming features for this plugin:
• Play test supports (V1.5.0)
• The ability resize vertices, delete and move triangles while you are still in editing mode (V2.0.0)
• Vertices painting mode (V3.0.0)

12 Likes

Hi,
This is swwet! Thanks for sharing.

Is it possible to animate it via scripting? Like the end part of the mesh (sphere) and the other ‘connected’ spheres would physically folkow ?

Like an ik end bone .

EDIT. Ok, nice video, follow it and it works. Moving on to animation…

When I am using Moon animator and select any sphere, it always moves the position of the ‘Start’ part and does not bend at where the sphere is. So the meshpart is not bending at all…

Any guess why?

Also
there are these sound errors, are they your plugin ids? they keep popping up…

13:18:28.172  Failed to load sound rbxassetid://12657403319: Unable to download sound data  -  Studio
  13:18:43.497  Failed to load sound rbxassetid://13114095364: Unable to download sound data (x2)  -  Studio
  13:18:45.655  Failed to load sound rbxassetid://12657403319: Unable to download sound data (x5)  -  Studio

it’s a bit hard to see what’s happening in the picture, but make sure:
• The MeshPart is not parented inside a model that contains humanoid, you will have to put it in some elsewhere (you should put it in a folder for easy organizing)
• The spheres are big enough to cover the mesh surface vertices, using the “Preview result” button before finalizing the editing will help. If you see red cube while previewing, it mean that the sphere is not big enough to cover them

And those sound ids is indeed a part of my plugin, I forgot to remove them after finding out that audios dont work in plugin anymore

you can animate them by moving the spheres though scripting, though if you want to move all of them like you are using ik then that will heavily depend on your scripting ability

also this plugin doesnt have play test mode supports yet (Will be added in the future) and the EditableMesh feature is still not available for live games

all of these are correct, I also did it twice to check the steps but get the same results.

has anyone else gotten this to work and animate via moon?

thanks

A bug fixing update regarding this issue will be released soon, sorry for the inconvenience
Edit: This wasnt a bug

this wasnt actually a bug but it was a problem with the mesh itself, the mesh you used only has vertices on the start and end point of the mesh but no vertex around the middle section, this plugin relies on moving mesh vertices in order to make them animate-able

v1.1.1 update:
• Fixed some visual bugs in welding mode
• Design change: Edits that are not finalized will now be automatically aborted when you close the plugin

I reinstalled the plugin, closed and reopened studio. I got a tail mesh to work, but another one errors out. I have dm d PW.

v1.1.2 update:
• Fixed start point not welding correctly when using the welding mode
• Spheres and MeshPart will now be automatically set to Massless upon creating mesh