Message replying should ignore user's privacy settings

As in the title. It is pretty annoying that we have to follow/friend someone who just messaged us. I’m not sure if this will cause any trouble, so I propose 2-3 message cooldown just for repliment purposes.

15 Likes

I seriously need this for times when someone messages me threats or insults but has the cowardice to hide behind privacy settings.

1 Like

I think it should be limited to 1 reply that ignores because we don’t want little timmy that annoyed us a while back to be able to spam you just because you told them to leave you alone.
I find a lot of the mobile user feedback I get is like this, they will message things like “I like your game, can you add X?” which is something I want to reply to.

2 Likes

An alternate solution could be to let a user know if they’re PMing someone who can’t PM back, or flat out forbidding them to do that.

However, I like the free reply to that user for every mail you receive from them approach.

I’ve had this happen to me and it’s pretty annoying, but really my course of action is to just not respond. Oh well.

1 Like

Please add this, it’s the most annoying thing when you get legitimate feedback or questions about a game you’re working on and you type up nice response to them and try send it only to find that somehow they could send your a message but it’s impossible to reply. :rage: If someone messages me I should be able to reply to them no matter what their settings are.

6 Likes

Put this behind a privacy setting and a setting for the number of times this is allowed, and you got my support

4 Likes

Time to bump this.
We really need a way to reply to people who pm us when their privacy settings are set to no messages.
Its so annoying when someone has follow only, and basically impossible if its friend only.
I mean even if you were able to reply to the person for like 24 hours after they sent you a message.

4 Likes

Was about to bump this too.

If you send a reply to a message within a certain time frame, that message should be exempt from privacy rules, except if the recipient blocked you before you could send a reply.

3 Likes

Definitely agree on this.

At least some sort of message that you won’t be able to respond would be helpful. Typing responses and then being unable to send them is quite annoying, especially when it sometimes happens for roughly a third of the messages.

4 Likes

Why would you reply to that?

2 Likes