Messages appearing to the left of the screen in a transparent box

Hello, Recently I have come across this issue where the text that should be inside a chatbox just appears to the left of the screen.

(image censored for privacy sake)
the “rest in peace” message is from a completely different chat box placed in the same location.

(messages are to an alt account so i didn’t censor)

it seems to be stacking messages within that corner, if i attempt to open up a new message window it’ll open up and move to the bottom left instead, no matter how hard i try; Or how many chat windows I open, they still just appear there and nowhere else.

Please note that I have all my ad blocker, content modifiers, and VPN’s turned off when i am on roblox, so it isnt an issue with any of that.

My Specs

RTX 3050 mobile
11th Gen Intel Core I5-11300H@ 3.10 GHz
RAM: 8GB
Windows 11
not sure if this’ll help, if you need anymore information then let me know

I am on microsoft edge.

I can’t really give any reproduction steps aside from the fact that it got caused after I opened a chat window.
I have cleared my cookies and cache, unfortunately it didnt fix anything.
When I try on a different browser (firefox) nothing happens, i assume this is because its not chromium based, but i could be wrong.

4 Likes

I sometimes get this issue in Chrome, but I don’t really use Edge because it seems to be an Internet Explorer Upgrade with Chromium installed.

though It’s 50/50 happens to me

4 Likes

edge is really good tbh but thats aside the point, I have a feeling its to do with chromium itself but my current fix (using Ublock Origin) to hide the messages just isn’t working, so it might be an issue with roblox itself considering how Ublock usually works 100% of the time

5 Likes

its still happening, however i will mark this as solved since I assume the issue is with chromium browsers, and not with roblox itself; Therefore making it impossible to fix without sending a bug report to google/microsoft.

You should still keep the bug report open in my opinion, there might be a way for them to work around the issue. Also, Chromium makes up the majority browser market share so it might make sense for them to fix it

1 Like

Very true, although i feel like this bug report is going nowhere since nobody has had a fix/solution in a while.

in what is either an act of God or a microsoft edge developer realising something is up, its finally fixed.
I have no clue what caused it and never will, but at least its fixed now.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.