Messaging Service :SubscribeAsync() Infinitely Yielding

When I’m using :SubscribeAsync() it is infinitely yielding and there are no warnings or errors. I noticed it in studio. I’m not sure if it’s happening in live servers but my live servers are breaking every so often and I’m pretty sure this is the culprit since there aren’t any other errors.

It is happening in this game: Saber Showdown - Roblox

System Information: 11th Gen Intel(R) Core™ i7-1195G7 @ 2.90GHz, 16.0 GB, Intel(R) Iris(R) Xe Graphics

Repro:
MessagingServiceBug.rbxl (44.9 KB)

4 Likes

I can confirm this has also happened to our game the last few days. The code has not changed for almost a year, reports started becoming more rampant ever since the Roblox outage a few days ago. Had to wrap SubscribeAsync into a Promise for it to stop yielding (pcall also did not work).

1 Like

There’s another post in Cloud Services Bug (probably the best place to put this):

This issue doesn’t even display a warning. As for our resolution (the above, I work on the same project), the thread created by the Promise is likely also hanging too, so I have to early-out with a timeout on top of using a Promise.

I see that makes sense, thanks for the info. Right now I’m just slapping a task.spawn over it temporarily.

Hi all - we deployed a fix for this last week and the issue should have been mitigated. Let us know if it happen again!

2 Likes

This is still happening but only in team test servers. Both SubscribeAsync and PublishAsync yield forever without any warnings or errors.