MessagingService Subscription Limit

Does anyone know the subscription limit for the messaging service? It is not stated on their wiki, however, when I run my game, it gives me an error stating :

“This game has reached the maximum subscriptions…”

Thanks in advance, cheers.

1 Like

the wiki states that the max subscription limit is 5 + 2*numPlayers

Is that for game or per server? And I am pretty certain to say that my game has less than 7 active subscriptions running on a one-player server.

1 Like

These are limits documented on the DevHub:

Limit Maximum
Size of message 1kB
Messages sent per game server 150 + 60 * (number of players in this game server) per minute
Messages received per topic (10 + 20 * number of servers) per minute
Messages received for entire game (100 + 50 * number of servers) per minute

There doesn’t seem to be a maximum number of subscriptions documented. Last time I saw anything related to this, it was 3 subscriptions per server.

What’s your source for that @dollychun? I can’t seem to find that stated.

After looking at the threads, it can be seen that the original one got removed as it was outdated and they redirect us to the actual wiki site which does not show the subscription limit.

Yet I got this subscription limit error after only subscribing to 6 topics, anybody know why?

:wave: Hey all - closing the loop here. The subscription limit has been posted on MessagingService | Documentation - Roblox Creator Hub. Thanks for everyone’s help flagging this missing info!

1 Like