MessagingService with DataStore2

I have done some research and have to go to bed at this time. I’m making this post in hope to get more resources than what I’ve found on google when I wake up.

I’m currently learning how to combine MessagingService with DataStore2 by bereza.

What I am having trouble finding and learning is how MessagingService works with DataStore2. I found a Roblox thread about using MessagingService and I’m not sure if I’m just tired or not but I can’t figure out how to add DataStore2 into the MessagingService to replace DataStore2’s “OnUpdate” which is Deprecated.

“Has anyone used MessagingService to replace OnUpdate” or “know how to run a function when a value in datastore changes”?

1 Like

OnUpdate is deprecated for the GlobalDataStore but I don’t believe that hasn’t anything to do with DataStore2’s OnUpdate which doesn’t appear to be deprecated.

I appreciate it, I keep getting a OnUpdateCallBack error inside the datastore2 module. It worked until the next time I logged on.

I did .OnUpdate instead of :OnUpdate I am back to using DataStore2 without MessagingService

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.