Metallic Paint for my vehicles

Hi there. I want to use metallic paint on my cars. but how can I do it?

I saw some posts about it but I can’t understand what they talk about or it’s outdated.

1 Like

You can try changing the material to metal? This is quite an abstract question, not gonna lie.

but dude metal and metallic is different.

You haven’t really given us much to go off of. Please take the time to help us to help you, otherwise we’re just going to make guesses at what you’re after (such as using the Metal material).

• Can you share an example of what you’re trying to achieve?
  • Can you share the posts you looked at that you struggled to understand?

thats what im trying to achieve.

1 Like

In this case, you’re probably looking for a roughness + metallic map. Just add a SurfaceAppearance onto whatever you’re working on, and then hook up the two map textures.

The easiest way to get these textures is from a PBR material set and just extracting them from that folder. A free for commercial use library of PBR materials can be found here, but there’s multiple sites that do the same thing so don’t be afraid to look around!

If you’re using a mesh that’s already UV unwrapped and want something more personalized, look into making your own maps with Quixel Mixer.

Lastly, you could always just modify an existing texture or image to turn it into a roughness/metallic map. ShaderMap is a good tool for that, but you can probably look up how to manually do it in an image editor.

3 Likes