Metalness textures dissapear

This is my first post so correct anything i did wrong here.

• What are you attempting to achieve? Im adding a metal, high quality SurfaceAppareance (PBR) texture.

• What is the issue? I added the metal texture, (I added in the PBR texture color, metalness, normal and roughness) it looks nice here in the studio mode.

But when i enter to play

Looks metalness texture in the surfaceappareance texture dissapears, see how the texture change from blue to white or no color and the reflections gets worse.

• What solutions have you tried so far? (Have you searched for solutions through the Roblox Wiki yet? Yes i have searched on the wiki, i searched on google and on devforum, on almost every texture i have used, hasnt this problem.
1 Like

i think with

they mean this is your case this

Thanks, i readed the Wiki now, though it still doesnt help, i think this is a roblox studio problem, as on the studio mode, it works pretty good, but when im on the roblox client, the textures get worse

post in bug report category then

They are in reflectance 0, so i dont think its the MeshPart glitch, i think its the textures that do not load well in the play mode

Try playing the game from the website rather than studio, and make sure your graphic settings are at maximum in-game.
Also check your graphics settings in studio too with Alt+S and under ‘Rendering’.

It its at max, i entered to the site, i played, and its white and bad, i also changed from openGL to direct3d11 or to vulkan, but it still doesnt fix

So i think this is good?

On the roblox app

Still looks white and bad

What I meant is what is your graphics settings in game?

This is my quality settings in game

And not its not because of the microsoft store version of roblox, im using the roblox beta app,
And i tried with the stable web version, still happens

That is weird then. It is probably a bug, i dont know what else it could be.

As i see now, the bug wasnt metalness textures, as roughness, metalness, and normal textures load normally good, but the color texture, doesnt load, maybe the game is so heavy that roblox doesnt want to load it?

1 Like

Yeah come to think of it there could be an error in the loading process and also some lighting effects in the game may have an affect on the texture.

I disabled Realism Mod, as it modifies a bit the lightning, results are worse

Textures arent even 3d now and looks terribly bad

If i found a way to fix it, im gonna mark you as solution

1 Like

I found the solution, in studio mode, the OutdoorAmbient was set to 70, 70, 70 And in play mode, it changes to 140, 140, 140 So what i did, was change it to 70, 70, 70 in play mode, and textures now looks normal