Micro profile help | Performance Issues

exactly my idea is accurate idk about his tho

cause I think his only affects the studio

Nope. i have tested and it affects the main game aswell

ok than they are both accurate

bye I gtg to sleep im very tired

what do you mean? your just changing studio settings. i am experiencing ingame client lag, playing by yourself in studio private servers doesn’t actually lag. the lag depends on the amount of players in a single server

Yes i know but theres a tutorial on YouTube by @Roblox that explains it as well

Not only that but it’s been tested before by not just me but by others that all have the same result

i literally have them on, makes 0 difference, not only that these SETTINGS only effect studio not ingame.

You might have some inefficient scripts or malicious scripts placed somewhere. If this is the case it’s most likely from a script with a busy loop with expensive operations or methods. Open your output window in studio and run a test, this would be a good place to start to make sure ur game doesn’t have any unintentional scripts that bring your performance down.

1 Like

Unions would make the issue worse. Unions should only be used when you need complex geometry that is going to be interacted with often. I suggest the better route of meshes.

Also @platinum_reisi I suggest you try zooming out more.

You are looking at 1 ms differences, which is insanely small. I suggest moving up to 50 or 100 ms to help us see the problems.

Also in your image I saw this

1297 ms ping is insanely high, that is about 1.3 seconds. I suggest you try looking at how you are broadcasting information to the client and how many assets the client has to load.

If it is an unhealthy amount then the client will suffer lag via network being flooded.

Also could you link the game, I am interested in checking the lag out for myself.

Yeah, I played the game and it seems to not be the building, particles, textures, or whatever as the game seems to lag no matter the Graphics Quality. I actually got better performance on Manual than on Automatic which is weird. So yeah, I think it’s a script aswell.

Went through the tutorial quickly and after finally getting into the game the first thing I see is this:

Perhaps you have inefficient code that is just causing tons of errors that lag the client?

Also zooming out to around 300 ms I see very lengthy bars with the rendering. Perhaps you have to many unions or mesh parts?

I have things called “Stands” and they use meshparts for their model details and stuff. I removed most unions other than from the map itself that’s laying around

@platinum_reisi This repetitive error is most likely the main cause of your performance issue. Search CrazyDiamond in explorer and investigate it. If you don’t know what the script does, delete it. It’s probably a malicious script that came in a model or mesh from someone else. It likely has a busy loop which is throwing at least 30 errors a second which is very expensive on CPU. If it is cloning itself or there are already multiple copies that will also spam the threads, so make sure to handle each one.

If it is a script you provided, you need to revise it.

Crazy Diamond is a stand from JJBA. So yeah it was intended to be there but, it needs to be fixed as yeah it’s throwing out a ton of errors.

1 Like

i figured out the issue, im working on revamping my scripts rn. thanks so far for the info that actually helped me figure out the problem