Microsoft Store client crashes when trying to connect to private servers

Issue Type: Crashing
Impact: Very High
Frequency: Constantly
Date First Experienced: 2021-05-10 12:05:00 (-04:00)
Date Last Experienced:

Reproduction Steps:

1. Create a private server, make sure the private server has a join URL link
  2. Add an alt account as a server member
  3. Sign into the alt account from the windows store client
  4. Try joining the private server from the windows store client via the servers tab. Notice how a skybox appears briefly, then the client crashes.
  5. Try joining the game via the normal play button in the windows store client. Notice that the game launches successfully.

Expected Behavior:
The windows store client should not crash when joining private servers.

Actual Behavior:
The windows store client crashes when joining private servers.

Workaround:

5 Likes

Hi @Noble_Draconian . I have tried to reproduce this issue over 15 times and i have not crashed once. Is there any more info you can add so we can repro this issue? If not can you pull the crash logs and send them to me in a PM so i can send them to an engineer?

4 Likes

Like @Hippie_ofDoom says, it didn’t crash for me either, so maybe it happens mainly for lower end PC’s?

Hi! I can have more info some time tomorrow, I’ll also include the relevant crash logs.

2 Likes

@Noble_Draconian perfect. @ me when you have it all ready.

3 Likes

There doesn’t appear to be any meaningful info that I can give unfortuantely.

I can provide crash logs however! Where does the microsoft store client store its crash logs? Somewhere in %localappdata%?

The UWP (what i call the windows store client) app’s package is held in /Local/Packages/

I cant remember the ID of the Roblox App, if the logs aren’t here, you’d have to find a way into C:/WindowsApps which Microsoft tries its hardest to lock down. Its possible to access this with Administrator privileges pretty sure.

1 Like

@Noble_Draconian maybe there is something in here to help get those files How to post a Bug Report - #13 by Roblox

3 Likes

@Noble_Draconian any luck finding the crash dump logs? I assume this issue is still occurring for you.

1 Like

You’re right. It’s located in %localappdata%/Packages/ROBLOXCORPORATION.ROBLOX_(some id)/LocalState/logs/

1 Like

Apologies for late response! Will have the file uploaded here on Monday. Or would you prefer DM with the file?

You can DM them to the @bug-files group with a link to this bug report

1 Like