Midnight Hours | New, First-Person Horror Game

Hey yall, @Rezrift here.

I have been hard at work solo-devving a new game, Midnight Hours. It is a first-person, semi-sandbox horror game. I plan on starting the advertising spree tomorrow. I’d really appreciate any feedback, whether positive/negative, suggestions, and reviews on gameplay and quality. If you find any bugs, please let me know. Thanks! :upside_down_face:

A few in-game screenshots

Game Link: Midnight Hours [Testing] - Roblox
Twitter Link: https://twitter.com/RezriftYT
Disco Link: Rezrift

• 1 Star (Absolutely Terrible)
  • 2 Star
  • 3 Star
  • 4 Star
  • 5 Star (Absolutely Amazing)

0 voters

5 Likes

Gonna play it, wish me luck.
(thing i say to get the 30 things max limit)

1 Like

The computer donation thing, is fabulous

Does it require you to hear, or can I turn the volume off

1 Like

You can turn the volume off… Might miss some hints, but definitely makes it less scary :wink:

Thank you both for your interest, @Cristinoboga and @7Dollar_Bill.

2 Likes

I just want to say i found a little bug, it happens when i press A,W or the up arrow or down arrow key while being on the computer:
robloxapp-20220727-1821484.wmv (364.8 KB)

Sorry if you need to download, it just enter the game and try moving while being on the computer to trigger the bug.

1 Like

Thanks for the report! I’ll fix it ASAP.

1 Like

This bug should now be resolved. I have also fixed an issue where the donator badge wasn’t awarding properly.

1 Like

Hello again, i managed to win the game. Somehow i won even tough i’m a chicken who just lowered the sounds to 0 after hearing a monster sound.

I like the UI of your game that tells you what hour is it, and the computer seems pretty nice. But i have managed to find another bug, which i think could be a pathfinding thing… Just look:

There are some strange orbs that keep track of where i am, is that a pathfinding the monster uses to follow me or what?
Btw it only appeared after the 5Am and kept appearing after that.

I also like the style of your game you need to survive from something that wants to oof you inside your house, and you can protect yourself putting planks on the windows and locking the front door. However i have a small question, i won just for hiding and camping inside of a closet. If the monster literally can’t find you if you camp inside of an hiding zone, then that would not be pretty fair and would break the game along with the scary vibes.
That’s all i have to say, i’ll try getting some more endings i guess. Good game!

Edit: i played again and apparently the same bug happens always at 5Am for some reason.

1 Like

On mobile right now. Posting this comment so that I can go to my activity and get back to here on my pc so I can play the game.

1 Like

Haha, that is debugging I use for the pathfinding, I’ll have to disable it. The monster can get you even if you are hiding… Hiding just gives players a false feeling of security :smiling_imp:

Thanks once again for your wonderful feedback, I appreciate it.

1 Like

Nice, i also found out that if you respond the phone i says something about mysterious activities in the zone. That’s cool

1 Like

One suggestion - remove the roblox UI (chat, leaderboard, etc.). It gives the screen more room and makes it a bit more immersive

https://developer.roblox.com/en-us/api-reference/function/StarterGui/SetCoreGuiEnabled

Also make the walkspeed a bit slower I think

Also, a bug with the computer, my mouse is still locked when i activate the computer

Otherwise, this game is awesome and really scary. Great work.

1 Like

Once again, all of your suggestions have been applied. Thank you!

2 Likes

Quick question, but has anyone exploded the monster with the gasoline can yet? :eyes:

1 Like

Nope, i think i know how to get it, using the ligther with the gasoline, the only problem is that i’m afraid of the monster coz am dumb, i literally exploded myself accidentally and got the burn house badge and failure badge.
I tried exploding the basement door and the game told me about the “axe”, still trying to enter the backyard lol.

1 Like

Also for some reason now im experiencing a new bug, everytime i try grabbing an object i don’t get it, did you update the game just now? Maybe you did something wrong and this bug appeared, it doesn’t fix even when i rejoin.

1 Like

I’ll look into that bug :slight_smile: Thank you for reporting it.

About the basement door - there is an axe in the backyard. A window breaks at 4:00, as the monster enters the house. At that point, you can get to the backyard. Is this a good way to go about it?

Bug should be fixed now, thanks for reporting it. That would be tragic if I spent thousands of robux tomorrow, only for the game to be broken.

1 Like

Oh, yeah it’s a good way to hide it, i tried exploding the window and it didn’t work, it’s a good way to make it harder to discover.

Quick Update: At 4:00, instead of having a random window break (1 out of 2 windows facing the backyard), both windows break. This is in an attempt to make it more transparent how to access the backyard (excuse my poor pun).