Migration to Shorelines and Old Water Deprecation

@Scottifly can you please provide an example placefile for that problem with camera under water?

4 Likes

I’ll give it a try later tonight. First I’ll see if I can save just that smaller section and save it to another place to see if the same thing occurs. If it does I’ll send that smaller place.
If not I’ll get you a copy of the original place.

As I said, this place was created with the original ‘brick placement’ style voxel water. When I created the obby it worked insanely well for the application. I understand improving the water 100%, but I just had these few concerns for probably a 1 time application issue on your guy’s part. I’m pretty sure everyone else is creating completely flat sections of water.

5 Likes

This is an amazing improvement! Can’t wait to see how very useful this new migration will be for the experiences that uses terrain!

4 Likes

This new implementation is excellent, although there is for lowPoly games it would be excellent if there was a way to lower the triangles for more optimized finishes and in accordance with the map in general, so that the voxels are larger or smaller depending on what is needed.

4 Likes

been waiting for this update since smooth terrain was created…

4 Likes

Water cubes seem almost impossible to create now. Had to rebuild a waterfall out of parts because the previous effect I was using was no longer replicable; the water’s edges just get rounded no matter what I do.

6 Likes

This will ruin many games.
Please allow us to use old water as a setting in terrain.

5 Likes

I can imagine.
Honestly it looks terrible compared to legacy water, we really need to make this opt-in and not you are in no getting out.
It breaks too many games.

2 Likes

The new water looks good, wdym :huh:

7 Likes

I’m working on a new place that hasn’t been published yet, and I don’t have that script visible in my terrain editor.

3 Likes

Anyone have a place I can test it for myself?

3 Likes

Hello there!
Quick question, I would love to know, if Shorelines drain more performance then old water.

1 Like

I fail to see how this will “break” any game? This update can be simplified as “water will not be merged to terrain, and will be seperate”.

2 Likes

I’m working on a published group game and I cannot find the option to upgrade to shorelines. Does anyone else have this issue and do they know how to fix it?

1 Like

Just wish to raise a current issue with this feature: Upgraded shorelines causes extremely inaccurate water collisions

2 Likes

Water gets visibly expanded by a few studs when in certain shapes too. This isn’t purely a ‘water and terrain are now seperate’ change.

1 Like

I didn’t know that

Character Limit Character Limit

1 Like

All new places are already using Shorelines, so no need to do the upgrade :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Is it possible that your place is already using Shorelines? The upgrade isn’t available in the menu once it was already applied.

5 Likes

Thank you! Our team is looking into this.

6 Likes