Military War Tycoon OST

Pretty proud of how this came out.

11 Likes

dam that sounds really nice dude :+1:

1 Like

Sounds like something out of a Battlefield game, amazing!

1 Like

Hey man, spy showed me this on the discord! Great job

1 Like

Oh damn, thats nice : ) Thanks for feedback

2 Likes

This is really good! But one question, what software do you use to make music?

1 Like

Thanks for feedback, I use FL studio

2 Likes

The mix sounds really solid overall. There’s just some instrument choices that sound off, such as why the music box at 2:03? It may just be a synth + glockenspiel that gives it that music box sound but it kind of sounds off for a piece like this. Not sure if this is within control but at 2:19 and some other spots the tom drums seem like they have much more high end and almost feel out of place in the mix.
Other than that the piece of music sounds really amazing!

2 Likes

You definitely should be proud! Sounds really good.

1 Like

Thank you for feedback, also that instrument is a vibraphone. I can see what makes it seem an odd one out, but I needed an instrument that wouldn’t get overwhelmed by all the others one for lead melody to stand out, as well as mostly test the library i got for vibraphone :slight_smile:

Also the outro drums are purposefully put through some heavy processing, mostly crystallizer vst (some quirky delay plugin)

Nice soundtrack, it surely gives people those FPS game vibes not gonna lie

2 Likes

Sounds really good, but really dramatic for a tycoon game.
If possible, have a “calm” OST for when youre just waiting for money, and have this OST play if youre in combat.

1 Like

Have you tried out the game? It is pretty intense, and this will be the main theme for when you load in.
Sorry for late response, didnt notice at first

2 Likes

Sounds so good!! Very well composed! :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

I am a bit confused about the music-box-esque instrument at 1:58 though. It feels sorta out of place. What exactly were you going for?

Sorry if I got you for the rickroll - I was being serious about the music-box thing but I found my opportunity and went for it

1 Like

Just to enhance the lead, make it stand out more, and add a bit of emotion to the song. Its vibraphone, btw.

1 Like