Mimi_Dev - Portfolio

About Me

Hello, I’m Mimi_Dev! I am an artist, builder, modeller, game designer, UI designer, writer, composer, videographer, animator and (limited) scripter. In my journey on the platform, I’ve had to learn skills from nearly every aspect of game development.

I am the creator of Dance Your Blox Off, the Bloxy award-winning (best art direction, 5th Annual Bloxy Awards) dance competition game, TutuLand, a ballet themed RPG and Robloxia Zoo, a zoo life roleplay game. I am also the creator of Focus Dance and Gymnastics, a virtual dance experience Roblox group with over 400k members. Before the program was sunset, I was part of the Roblox Stars Merchandise program, with two of my games receiving action figures and playsets. My games were also featured in some of the published Roblox books. I am a member of the Roblox UGC program and the Dev Event Organizers program. I was part of Roblox’s panel at the White Nights game development conference, summer 2020. I’ve been an RDC in person attendee since 2017 (except 2020 when we were all online only).

I live in Canada and in my spare time, I enjoy writing novels (Update: Since I first posted this I actually finished one!), rewatching episodes of Avatar: The Last Airbender and eating cheesecake.

Showcase

Games

Click to View Section

TutuLand

TutuLand is a ballet themed RPG game where players become students of the TutuLand Academy of Ballet. The world of TutuLand features a number of characters from real ballets as the citizens players can interact with. As players learn new dance steps, they unlock the ability to challenge ballet villains to boss battle dance offs. Players can collect ballet costumes from blind bags, each of which includes multipliers that effect currency pick ups and prizes won in boss battles and minigames. Players can dress up their character, decorate their houses, collect pets, buy food and play minigames with their friends.
Game Link: TutuLand - Roblox

Dance Your Blox Off

Dance Your Blox Off is a virtual dance competition game where players pick their costumes and stage props, then create their own dance routine and compete against friends. For almost four years the game has had weekly updates that expanded the available selection of costumes and props, as well as added team dancing (up to three players) and different round themes! The game was released in early 2017.
Link: Dance Your Blox Off - Roblox

Focus Dance and Gymnastics

Focus Dance and Gymnastics is a virtual dancing experience and community. The game is open to group members only, providing a safe space for players to interact and explore dance. We offer virtual lessons (hosted by players, not robots!) that teach skills in-game as well as provide players with ways to connect with their peers. Players can work together to form dance groups (minimum 5 players) and compete in virtual competitions like Focus Finals. They learn about rhythm and synchronization, teamwork, and dance culture. Focus currently has 300k+ members and was created in October 2016.
Group Link: Focus Dance and Gymnastics - Roblox
Game Link: Focus Dance and Gymnastics - Roblox

Robloxia Zoo

Robloxia Zoo was my first game on the platform. It is a zoo life roleplay. Originally created in 2012, the game received major updates in 2014, 2015 and 2019. Players can play as guests or zookeepers or transform into the various animals. The zoo is laid out based on different biomes; players learn what animals live in these biomes. This game is featured in the Roblox, Learn and Explore, game sort.
Link: Robloxia Zoo - Roblox

UGC Creations

Click to View Section

My complete UGC collection can be browsed here: Mimi’s Catalog - Recent Sort
And all of the creations published under La Boutique Mimi can be found here: La Boutique Mimi - Roblox

Here are some highlights. Note: 2D clothing featured was created by various individuals (including myself). This is a showcase of the 3D models only.

La Boutique Mimi Celestial Collection
(Concept art by Missss_Peach)

VIDEO
Concept to reality short video.

La Boutique Mimi Galaxy Collection

La Boutique Mimi Valentines Collection

La Boutique Mimi Holiday 2023

La Boutique Mimi Halloween 2023

La Boutique Mimi Premiere Collection

TikTok showcase of collection: TikTok - Make Your Day

RSTLSS Collab

https://twitter.com/RSTLSSxyz/status/1696980570830496009

More Tiktoks Showcasing some of my latest Layered Clothing Items:
https://www.tiktok.com/@mimidevrblx/video/7174501306193775878
https://www.tiktok.com/@mimidevrblx/video/7178149952546163974
(Animations also created by myself)

Canada Day Jacket created for Roblox: x.com

MORE UGC

princess twist hair 3

sunflower outfit.PNG

Artwork

Click to View Section

Examples of my work in order of most to least recent:

Redrawing My Old Art Challenge (Dec 2022):

TutuLand game thumbnail drawing (2022):

Twitter Banner Summer (2020):

Drawing of Roblox developer Sparklings (fall 2020):

My entry (not selected) for the Roblox Rthro contest (summer 2020):

My Avatar as a Jedi:

Character turnaround animation (Fall 2020):
Character1TurnAround

Game Icon for Dance Your Blox Off Music Update 2020:

Game Icon for Dance Your Blox Off Back to School Update 2020:

Game Icon for Dance Your Blox Off Halloween Update 2020:

Game Icon for Dance Your Blox Off’s “Happy Birthday Roblox” update 2020:

Other

Click to View Section

Virtual Nutcracker Ballet Performance Video
In the fall and winter of 2018, I recruited a group of members from my group Focus Dance and Gymnastics to work with me to create a completely virtual version of the classic Nutcracker Ballet within Roblox.

Over 30 players were involved in the project and we spent over two months doing regular rehearsals online. We used the animation system found in my games, (Dance Your Blox Off and Focus) to replicate the dance steps virtually. The performance was not scripted, meaning each dancer was responsible for keeping in sync with other performers; they had to synchronize to music with players from across the globe. We had players from North America, Europe and Australia featured in different portions of the show.

I built the theatre and stage sets then choreographed the dances (except for the Sugar Plum Grand Pas at the end which is traditional choreography created by Petipa and transposed to Roblox), scheduled the rehearsals and filmed each routine. Then I edited the production using Adobe Premiere Pro. The full ballet is over an hour long. It premiered on youtube with over 200 simultaneous viewers and currently has 70k+ total views.

Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MNPqe6iG-Z8

Contact

You can contact me here using the private messaging feature here on the developer forum.

Social Media

Twitter: x.com
Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0OCbTbKILdIR2MutjAnB3A?view_as=subscriber
Discord: Mimi_Dev#9207

Thanks for reading!

13 Likes

Hi! I am considering you once you are open! Do you have any baseprices for like the art?